Oceaneering Commercial Coordinator (Maternity Cover) in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Administrative support for the Aberdeen based Commercial Team. Coordination of major tenders and proposals including management of process and monitoring of submission deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote the Company; support the development of Business Unit strategies
- Provide commercial support and guidance to Operations delivery teams
- Analysis and review of Customer requirements and the investigation of new or alternative commercial responses.
- Preparation and Submission of RFI’s to Clients, in line with internal bid process
- Preparation and Submission of Tenders to Clients, in line with internal bid process
- Ensure bids are documented within CRM
- Conduct hand over to Operations and Business Support and prepare supporting documents, in line with internal hand over process
- Provide commercial guidance and support to Operations for the preparation and review of CTR’s
- Commence variation process where changes occur and annual rate reviews are required in accordance with Contract terms
- Assist in the preparation of Contract Performance Review documentation and attend performance review meetings when required.
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to in so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Comply with Oceaneering HSE policies and procedures
- Embrace the Oceaneering 8 Quality principles
- Comply with Oceaneering Data Protection policies
- Comply with Oceaneering Bribery & Corruption policies
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Higher Standard of Secondary Education (E)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a commercial environment within the Oil & Gas Industry (E)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels (E)
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and composure (E)
- Innovative and resourceful with the ability to think laterally to overcome problems (E)
- Demonstrate initiative, drive and motivation to achieve company goals (E)
- MS Office (E)
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Commercial Coordinator (Maternity Cover)
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Job ID: 11805
Full/Part Time: Full-Time