Oceaneering Global Mobility Specialist in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Global Mobility Specialist is responsible for domestic and international immigration and relocation programs. They will be the subject matter expert and consult with various internal and external stakeholders including Recruiters, HR, and Service Partners on immigration and relocation global mobility matters.
- Under the supervision of the Global Mobility Lead - UK, responsible for all types of mobility cases and liaise with employees, managers, HR and immigration/relocation vendors on all immigration and relocation matters.
- Supervise Travel Coordinator (s) positions within UK Global Mobility team including training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Provide guidance to Global Mobility team members and stakeholders' questions regarding immigration requirements and timelines.
- Counsel Business Partners on immigration best practice guidelines and requirements for the various types of immigration filings for various countries within Europe, with particular focus given to the United Kingdom.
- Develop and deliver ongoing relocation and immigration training to Oceaneering’s Global Mobility team and business teams.
- Participate in designing the Global Mobility program and guidelines.
- Maintain Global Mobility centralized document storage, including legal requirements/updates, deletions and revisions of all visa types.
- Partner with regional teams to produce all business invitation/travel letters required for business visitor visa applications.
- Responsible for interfacing with country specific payroll and taxation teams as it relates to financial/tax impacts for foreign workers/international assignments.
- Assist with invoice processing/tracking of payment status. This includes working with vendors and the internal Accounts Payable department.
- Answer 24 hour service phones for weekend cover and after office hours on an agreed schedule and route calls, as needed
- Assist with special projects.
- Work with UK Global Mobility Team on a day to day basis to discuss project requirements
- Prepare and maintain visa reports for review by the Assistant Global Mobility Managers and above.
- Communicate with local HR and ensure the complete and accurate maintenance and update of employee information in the HRIS on a daily basis
- Liaise with mobile employees, Global Mobility team members & Stakeholders to ensure issues regarding visa applications are effectively resolved.
- Continuously review the operation and make recommendations to Assistant Global Mobility Manager on how to enhance the process
- Other duties as assigned
- Continuously review the operation and make recommendations to the Global Mobility Supervisor - UK and Operations on how to enhance the process
- Provide support and guidance to Operations Managers as necessary with regard to diversity, employee relations, progressive discipline and performance management issues, with guidance from the local and Corporate HR Manager
- Booking Flights/Accommodation/Car Hire as required for Personnel Travel
- Raise travel/accommodation requisitions
- Assist with any business visa and work visa applications required by Oceaneering personnel
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reporting to the Global Mobility Lead - UK
- Global Mobility Travel Coordinators directly report to Global Mobility Specialist
- Working within the regional Global Mobility team
- Working with the global Global Mobility teams
- Working to support UK/Europe business lines
- UK Immigration Experience
- International Visa Experience
- International Assignments Experience
- Oil and Gas offshore rotational experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality
- Prioritizes and plans work activities to use time efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Commits to additional hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Gathers and analyzes information skilfully
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Gives and welcomes feedback
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and able to supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
- Asks for and offers help when needed
- Treats people with respect and inspires the trust of others
- Keeps commitments and works with integrity and good ethics
- Keeps emotions under control
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Listens and gets clarification
- Responds well to questions
- Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Participates in meetings
- Writes clearly and informatively, editing for spelling and grammar
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Able to read and interpret written information
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Displays orientation to profitability
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Aligns work with strategic goals
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Works within approved budget
- Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Contributes to profits and revenue
- Conserves organizational resources
- Volunteers readily
- Undertakes self-development activities
- Seeks increased responsibilities
- Takes independent actions and calculated risks
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Global Mobility Specialist
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Job ID: 11884