Oceaneering Project Administrator in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Administrator, by way of supporting the Project Coordinator, will contribute to the delivery of seamless and effective day to day operational support, through the provision of high quality administration. The Project Administrator is the first point of contact for project enquiries and is therefore an important role and the foundation of the project overall.
The Project Administrator will be responsible for processing and resolving project requirements as quickly as possible whilst maintaining a high standard of quality and customer service to Suppliers, Employees and Management. They will do this by answering and resolving project requirements or raising to the Project Manager.
- Providing the first point of contact for the Project Manager. To deal with all calls and general enquiries from Suppliers, Employees and Managers in a courteous, confidential and sensitive manner with tact and diplomacy.
- Providing project and department administrative support in the preparation, coordination, issuing and management of documentation relevant to the project requirements; including commercial, logistical, operational and technical support.
- Ensuring proactive communication with Supplier, ensuring project documentation (request for quotations, material requisitions) are complete, free from error and sent in a timely manner.
- Developing an effective relationship with department colleagues to ensure prompt action is taken to respond to enquiries.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of whole range of project and department services, policies andprocedures to ensure accurate and up-to-date advice is provided, within levels ofcompetence.
- Updating project and department systems in an accurate and timely manner, referring on to the relevantteam as necessary to ensure information is recorded appropriately.
- Maintaining written and electronic records accurately and in a timely manner, in line withemployment legislation, Data Protection guidance and best practice.
- Maintaining the financial aspects of projects including backup for invoicing cost control, approval of requisitions and financial reporting
- To be familiar with and support the implementation of strategies and associated plans, policies and procedures.
- To work in conjunction with colleagues and as directed to ensure adequate cover within and across the team during periods of annual leave,sickness and fluctuations in workload. During these periods taking appropriate action toensure that work is dealt with in accordance with specified timeframes, using initiative toensure that all urgent and high priority matters are dealt with.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of effective office systems andprocedures to ensure the efficiency of the project and department.
- Plan and organize own work assessing priorities on a day to day basis and planningahead to meet ongoing schedule of strict deadlines.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality at all times in line with Departmental protocolsfor the transfer of data by e-mail, post and fax and verbal communications.
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Project Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a 'can do' attitude.
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships within department and the rest of the business.
- Able to identify root cause of issue by appropriate questioning and analysis
- Able to interpret guidelines/policies and procedures and communicate advice in a clear pragmatic and concise manner.
- Ability to provide clear instruction, convey confidence and patience with managers and employees and use questioning to check understanding.
- Ability to deal with people in challenging situations.
- Be well presented, polite, tactful and friendly with a good telephone and email manner.
- Be numerate, lively and quick-thinking but patient and calm.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters appropriately.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of and concern for quality, setting high personal standards.
- Demonstrates an ability to work well within a team and be a positive team player.
- Individual contributor that works under limited supervision.
- Requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills / knowledge.
- Delivers output following defined procedures and processes.
- Work consists of tasks that are typically routine.
- Moderate supervision and general instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- May seek advice of supervisor / more experienced employees.
- Obtains and provides information to co-workers and / or superiors.
- Nature of communication typically includes exchanging information and explaining facts to the supervisor / more experienced employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft.
- NVQ level 4 or equivalent level of skills/knowledge is essential.
- Working in a front facing customer services environment.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Project Administrator
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Job ID: 11831
Full/Part Time: Part-Time