Oceaneering Project Surveyor in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Oceaneering’s core values are at the center of everything we do, and how we conduct business daily. The safety, health and well-being of our employees, contractors and customers and the public are our number one ethic and will not be compromised. An exceptionally strong and proven HSE track record in our field of business is an absolute must, and shall be an essential daily requirement that shall be worked in strong unison with all our core values.
An equally important and essential function of this position is attitude and includes the following: getting along with co-workers, responding politely to members of the community, working as a team member, functioning well under pressure, responding in a positive manner to supervision, and maintaining inter-office confidentiality.
Other duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Visible safety leadership
- Quality management and strict adherence to performance standards
- Financial oversight and diligence in record keeping
- Collaboration within the Oceaneering organization and use of shared services
- Technical sales andclient liaison
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. *Other duties may be assigned.
Ultimately responsible for selection and direction of team members for mobilization, operation and subsequent de-mobilization of vessel equipment.
Support for drafting, bidding and subsequent contract cost mitigation, specifications and execution for the Survey Service Business Unit.
Interfacing with client and members of the offshore survey operations insuring management of processes and non-conforming events of process.
Audit and ensure accuracy in all reports and logs.
Proposingand implementing changes in processes.
Required to multi-task, using critical thinking and problem solving skills, to foresee and react to project developments.
Tasks properly completed impact greatly on cost containment, efficiency or profitability of operations.
Consequences of error are easily measured and can make a major impact of profitability.
Regularly audit the record keeping of repetitive tasks.
Involves organizing, work prioritization and related skills, and/or a great deal of client and subordinate interface is necessary to properly complete tasks via teamwork.
Required to work harmoniously with clients, contractors and other employees using the interpersonal skills required of the work setting.
Work commitments, projects or the general continuity of the job are interrupted as needs dictate.
Requires the ability and willingness to adapt, overcome, and make decisions to make adjustments to the normal job efforts.
- Ensure that Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Managament Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and to contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Project Surveying - Develops Survey project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress using Management of Change; Completes projects on time and budget; assists Project Manager as required.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field or comparable working experience.
- Significant experience in offshore survey operations, offshore survey management, survey project management, technical support and onshore operations management.
- Functional and broad knowledge of subsea construction survey systems and their applications.
- Working knowledge of ISO certification and standard QA / QC processes.
- PMP Certification required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft. Operational knowledge of current range of offshore survey software packages.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Project Surveyor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Job ID: 11789