Oceaneering Radiation Safety Manager in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position defines and manages the companywide radiation safety standard and related process for all Oceaneering businesses. The primary focus is Asset Integrity as radiation is inherent to their business.
Position is responsible for the:
- Development, implementation and on-going management and monitoring of the companywide radiation safety standards and related processes,
- Development of short and long term strategy and tactical actions,
- Development and maintenance of strong working relationships with the business unit leaders to ensure the integration of radiation safety with operations and business unit strategy,
- Monitoring and verifying the effectiveness and maturity of the radiation safety standard & related tools/processes.
- Work closely with key Sr. Executives to ensure the radiation safety system is aligned with business needs and strategic plan.
- Provides guidance to the business unit leaders to establish and implement the radiation safety strategy.
- Act as a change agent, provide the business unit leaders with the vision to move from a regional approach to a companywide radiation safety system.
- Develop staffing plan and budgets based upon the needs, demands and strategy of the business.
- Actively monitors the radiation safety budget and evaluated expenditures on a regular basis.
- Develop process metrics to measure and monitor progress and to identify the status of critical processes.
- Keep up to date on radiation safety practices by actively participating in industry forums and organizations.
- This position will supervise the Radiation Safety Resources that support the service and manufacturing business units. Direct reports includes; the companywide radiation protection staff.
- The position reports toGlobal AI HSE & UK HSE &Training.; Mgr.
- Dotted line to AI SVP.
- Critical partnership with AI Business Unit leaders, as they are responsible for radiation safety and the overall execution of the work.
This position is office based, field visits to operating locations are required.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Onshore and Offshore visits to operating locations, potential exposure to radiation, noise, chemicals.
- Significant experience in Radiography.
- Radiography Level 3 preferred. Degree in engineering, safety, or related field desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Key Radiation safety processes include; work practices, lifecycle source mgt., security, data mgt., emergency response.
Key competencies include the ability to:
- Develop and implement standard process on a companywide basis,
- Identify and address country or regional specific needs that may not align with the companywide standard,
- Utilize change management principles and processes,
- Interact and relate to the points of view of Sr. leaders, middle management, supervisor and technicians.
Proven ability to:
- Research and interpret worldwide regulatory requirements, industry practices and develop appropriate action plans.
- Integrate radiation safety requirements and processes with the day to day business.
- Interface, collaborate, identify and proactively resolve issues and potential barriers with the business unit leaders and applicable shared service organizations.
The location of this role will be either Aberdeen or Stockton, dependant on the successful candidate.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Radiation Safety Manager
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Job ID: 12178