Oceaneering Commercial Controller in Baku, Azerbaijan
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Management of all of the Commercial & Finance aspects of the contract.
Provide leadership to the Financial and Cost Engineering Groups. This will include managing all of the processes and procedures that support the Commercial and Financial Management of the Contract.
Sound knowledge of Accounting principles and their application is essential.
- Lead finance/ cost engineer team during monthly financial closing. Full Profit & Loss account responsibility and key Balance sheet account responsibility (Receivables/ Unbilled Revenue/ Cost accruals)
- Perform monthly cost reviews
- Communicate & articulate financial results to senior management
- Drive annual financial planning process
- Maintain SOX controls relating to finance
- Manage the payroll and billing processes – this will include all reconciliations for both personnel timesheets and equipment worksheets
- Manage Call offs, CTR’s, VO’s and Contract amendments
- Management of all payable processes – including subcontractors
- Prepare Monthly forecasts to include both P&L; and receivables
- Responsible for providing financial and commercial information for client requirements
- Leads discussion of financial results and forecasting of activity with the Operations Group
- To ensure good communication of commercial information and documentation to Operations as required
- To have regular commercial meetings with the client
The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
Assist with any other duties as and when required
Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Financial qualification (E)
Must be willing to undergo further training as required (E)
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
E – Essential
P – Preferred
Minimum of 5 years experience in similar position (E)
Maintains a regional understanding of Oil and Gas industry (P)
Must have excellent interpersonal skills (E)
Stimulates team spirit in the working environment (E)
Should be flexible to travel for Operational requirements (E)
Demonstrate a lot of initiative, drive and motivation to achieve our company’s goals (E)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Commercial Controller
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Job ID: 11911
Full/Part Time: Full-Time