Oceaneering Program Manager in Bremerton, Washington
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries. ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides full life cycle maintenance services in support of submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. In support of our space program, ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA, is responsible for astronaut tools for ExtraVehicular Activity, and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also a leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems, show action equipment, and control systems hardware and software. Our newest division, Frog, produces a full range of automatic guided vehicles for stand-alone systems and fully integrated automated material handling systems.
ADTECH’s business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and Manufacturing. All business areas of ADTECH are ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Oceaneering International, Inc. Marine Systems Division (OII-MSD) is seeking a Program Manager for our Bremerton, WA location who will be responsible for results achieved in terms of costs, schedules and performance for all submarine and /or other assigned projects in AOR. This PM will manage the contractual and financial aspects of all assigned projects enabling the Production Manager to focus on day to day production. Strong background in both the financial and engineering aspects of managing a business including personnel management, safety and profit/loss. This PM will clearly communicate and coordinate team management efforts involving all the activities within the Submarine Programs department and across full range of interaction with Manufacturing, QA, Purchasing, Production and Operations Support. Work is diversified and complex, resulting in problems which are not readily apparent; symptoms may be vague and facts may be incomplete. Impact of Decisions will be of significant magnitude, and probably errors could cause major expense, loss of important customer accounts or damage to company prestige and good will.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security Clearance issued by the U.S. government.
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position will require an additional background screening for base access.
- Please, visit this link to determine if you would be eligable for a clearance: https://www.clearancejobs.com/securityclearancefaq.pdf
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares cost estimates for ROMs or responses to Requests for Quote. Must have the ability to work with the SUBSAFE organization, Engineering, production, Operation Support and Resource departments.
- Maintains a positive profit center in support of Oceaneering’s other departments and ultimately, other divisions.
- Ensures timely delivery of accurate contract CDRL submissions. Works closely with Financial Analysts in obtaining appropriate data for reports. Writes reports for outside activities.
- Assists business manager and other company representatives in efforts to expand customer base.
- Tracks financial progress and status of assigned projects and develops and coordinates corrective actions/adjustments when necessary to ensure profitability. Must have the ability to read and interpret financial reports.
- Provides periodic and ad hoc reports on department activities and monitors operations in relation to financial plans and goals.
- Provides advise, consult and/or counsel to/with company managers, contacts and customers as necessary in order to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas and actions.
- Develops problem/issue solutions that require use of independent judgment following company policies and procedures.
- Formulates methods, processes and process improvements to ensure work is conducted in the most efficient and productive manner. Requires frequent application of original and independent thinking in developing moderately complex methods, products or systems.
- Makes decisions and takes independent action, following broad objectives on strategic and operational matters affecting a major function or department in the organization. Decisions are subject to guidance from executive/senior management. These decisions and action may include determining the priority of projects, personnel requirements and control of overhead costs.
- Requires regular visits to production work sites in industrial areas such as shipyards and naval bases, including shipboard sites. Routinely requires moderate levels of physical and mental coordination equivalent to frequent and sustained use of office equipment such as a typewriter or computer terminal, drafting equipment, machinery or other technical equipment.
- Prepares quarterly updates and analysis of ISO 9001: 2001 financial data.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a mechanical or electrical discipline from an accredited college or university, or a total fifteen (15) years experience in shipboard repair/installation programs in lieu of an Engineering Degree as listed below;
- Eight (8) years experience as a foreman and/or manager in a Naval and/or commercial shipyard. Submarine repair/installation experience shall consist of design, operation, maintenance, repair, testing installations or alterations of Naval Ships HM&E; Systems and Equipment; working knowledge of Navy data systems, and knowledge of Navy procedures for establishing and maintaining equipment maintenance requirements.
- A graduate of a Shipyard Apprenticeship Program, or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of six (6) years military supervisory experience in Submarine structural, mechanical and/or electrical system repair/installations.
- Five (5) years of specialized experience in performing SUBSAFE/Level I Material work and Submarine testing and certification/re-certification procedures.
- Working knowledge of Naval Sea Systems Command, Naval Surface Warfare Center(s), Naval Shipyards, and Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion and Repair and Type Commanders' organizations.
- Four (4) years experience in design, operation, maintenance, repair, testing installations or alterations of Naval Ships Hull and Deck Machinery Systems and Equipment; working knowledge of Navy data systems, and knowledge of Navy procedures for establishing and maintaining equipment maintenance requirements.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- *Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI). *
- Demonstrated experience requiring proficiency in MS Project or similar project scheduling tools.
- Understanding of basic Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) requirements.
- Understanding of the basic types of Government contracts such as fixed price, cost reimbursable, incentive fee, award fee, and/or time & material, and how they impact project execution decision-making.
Experience with the following is highly desired in the successful candidate:
- Demonstrated experience requiring proficiency in Financial Information Management Systems such as PeopleSoft, Deltek, or similar applications.
- Demonstrated experience requiring proficiency in MS Project or similar project scheduling tools.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring/enforcing compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Experience managing the financial aspects of multiple types of Government contracts such as fixed price, cost reimbursable, incentive fee, award fee, and/or time & material.
- Demonstrated experience requiring proficiency in Oracle Primavera (P6).
Demonstrates a strong sense of self. openly recognizes personal areas of strength as well as areas needing development.
Leading and Managing Change
Challenges the status quo. Initiates, implements and champions change and leads others through the process.
Ensures that operations are aligned with the company’s vision and core values.
Builds effective individuals and teams. Gives candid feedback and provides both formal and informal learning opportunities to help others improve performance and enhance their contribution to the company.
Effectively and efficiently deploys and manages the company’s financial, human, physical and informational resources to achieve business goals.
Understands how the company operates and what drives quality, opportunity and profitability. Puts this knowledge into action to achieve business results.
Exhibits the ability to rapidly adapt business operations and seize new opportunities in response to the market, competition or customer.
Proactively identifies and effectively responds to current and future customer needs. Develops and sustains productive relationships with customers by exceeding their expectations and building trust.
Execution and Results
Focuses time, effort and resources effectively and efficiently to meet business priorities and exceed goals. Sets clear expectations and milestones. Solves problems and acts decisively.
Quickly masters complex information, exercises sound judgment, and ensures plans and actions are strategic in relation to the company, industry and market.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Job ID: 11791