Oceaneering HRIS Specialist in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
HRIS prepares, maintains and updates employee data for the HR information system. HRIS specialists must be organized individuals that pay close attention to detail. They should work well in a team setting to reach all company objectives in a timely manner; however, they also need to be able to perform effectively by themselves with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To do data entry in the HCM system to include but not limited to Hires,Datachanges and terminations.
- Generates ad hoc HR related reports by running queries and analyzing datafor accuracy.
- Notifies applicable departments of new hires and terminations.
- Monitoring the New hires enrollment and sending remainders to employeesand the respective HR Admin.
- Creates/revise and maintains Process Documentation for various HRbusinessprocesses.
- Participate in meetings/teams regarding PeopleSoft HRMS.
- Audit numerous data fields on a periodic basis to ensure data integrity.
- Make corrections to the Document Management system and change thedrawer types as needed.
- Help in auditing personnel files in the Document Management system andquality checks before HR regions destroy the files.
- This position has No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM system preferred.
- Experience : 0 to 2 years.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Reporting to Assistant Manager
- Graduate in any discipline, Degree in HR or related preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Ability to protect confidential matter.
- Must be well versed with MS Access, MS Excel and MS word.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: HRIS Specialist
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 11962
Full/Part Time: Full-Time