Oceaneering Solutions Analyst II, Financial in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Solutions Analyst II, Financial will support the company's enterprise ImageNow application software system. Support includes assisting users with support issues -AND- administration, configuration, and maintenance of the ImageNow application modules.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead ImageNow projects, create project plans and establish go-live dates & milestones.
- Identify issues, limitations, and deficiencies in the custom application configuration and the out-of-the-box ImageNow application Software. Research potential solutions and provide recommendations to management.
- Initiate ideas for functionality and enhancements based on business process improvements. Propose "best practices" and standards to correct or improve business processes as related to ImageNow.
- Responsible for application design, development, & configuration changes as required for ImageNow projects such as system implementations, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Responsible for communicating effectively (verbal & written) with ImageNow IT team members and business users as needed to gather business requirements, hold meetings, conduct training, handle support issues, etc.
- Responsible for conducting System Testing & UAT exercises as required for change management.
- Technical & functional troubleshooting and analysis. Analyze log files and read/interpret programming code in system scripts.
- Create technical and functional documentation for system adminstration purposes, user support, & training.
- Responsible for applying application configuration changes to ImageNow production and onproduction environments.
- Take a proactive approach to continually learn new aspects of the ImageNow application and imrpove the skills required to perform job duties more effectively.
- Experience with Java, scripting / programming, scanner hardware, and Linux or Unix.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel., Word, & PowerPoint), MS Windows operating systems and Oracle or MS SQL Server databases or Google Apps.
- University degree, or one to two (1-2) years ImageNow experience or High School Diploma, or five to seven (5-7) years ImageNow experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- General understanding of the various host application (PeopleSoft) modules integrated with ImageNow and how implemented & used by business users at Oceaneering.
- Proficiency in installing & troubleshooting and analysis. Analyze log files and read/interpret programming code in system scripts.
- Proficiency in writing SQL database queries for reporting, metrics, and data analysis.
- Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner.
- Ability to communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts in writing.
- Ability/skill in using correct grammar, correct spelling, sentence and document structure, accepted document formatting, and special literary techniques to communicate a message in writing.
- Ability to effectively work and complete assignments in group settings. Works cooperatively with others to achieve common goals.
- Identifying and responding to current and future client needs; providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Job Title: Solutions Analyst II, Financial
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 11991
Full/Part Time: Full-Time