Oceaneering Cost & Project Analyst in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Working under minimal supervision, the Cost & Project Analyst acts as the financial advisor to the integrated project team. Support services include standard and ad hoc financial analysis focused on tracking project performance and anticipating problem conditions. This challenging role requires knowledge of accounting concepts and adherence to established policies while exercising creativity to assess problems and recommend solutions. Provides current status of programs/projects to Program Managers. Responsible for monthly P&L; forecast, financial inputs for assigned projects for the annual plan. Provides support to proposal efforts by developing cost volumes.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security Clearance issued by the U.S. government.
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
- Please, visit this link to determine if you would be eligible for a clearance: https://www.clearancejobs.com/securityclearancefaq.pdf
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produces timely monthly reports and ensures formal communication is a comprehensive reflection of facts
- Performs detailed variance analysis on a monthly basis and provides supporting documentation to track project variances throughout the project lifecycle
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts, including issuance of budget instructions, comparative data, timetables and forms.
- Prepares monthly forecast for assigned projects and ensures inputs are provide in a timely manner.
- Continues to develop knowledge and skills to reach a higher level of proficiency and work complexity.
- Defines and develops performance metrics
- Analyzes and recommends data collection process improvements.
- Ensures data integrity as it relates to reporting and analytics.
- Identify best practices and process improvements to improve cycle time and reduce opportunities for errors.
- Implement automated methods and systems to track workflow and performance efficiencies.
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable government and commercial contracts terminology and clauses.
- Ability to develop Ad Hoc MS Excel models and macros to summarize large data sets.
The above list is only a representative sample of what the Cost & Project Analyst may be asked to do. The Cost & Project Analyst may perform other special projects or duties as required to support business needs.
Directly Supervised: None
Indirectly Supervised: None
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2 - 5 years experience in finance or accounting and financial analysis is required.
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of Word, Project Management/Scheduling Software (MS Project, MPM, etc..), and Peoplesoft experience is a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Background knowledge in government and commercial contract requirements.
- Knowledge of project management body of knowledge and effective use of earned value analysis.
- Must be able to establish and maintain customer relationships.
- Knowledge of performance measurement principles such as earned value, , IRR, ROA, Payback, DSO.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Cost & Project Analyst
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 11810
Full/Part Time: Full-Time