Oceaneering Dimensional Control Technician - Supervisor in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
A Dimensional Control Technician “DCT” will have the ability to survey and process 3D-Data into usable information for requesting activity. This process starts with using laser trackers (Faro and API), Inca 2 and 3 V-Stars photogrammetry systems, total stations, cmm arms and laser scanners to survey piping, machinery components, and structure. Process data using Spatial Analyzer software and generate reports for the requesting activities. These reports may accept or reject components, structure, machinery installations, and piping bend data. Some surveys will require creating a model from actual ship or submarine drawings; this is completed with the Spatial Analyzer software or other Modeling Software.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security Clearance issued by the U.S. government.
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
- Please, visit this link to determine if you would be eligable for a clearance: https://www.clearancejobs.com/securityclearancefaq.pdf
Duties & Responsibilities
- The DCT will have the ability to produce working drawings generated from processed data to produce installation fixtures for on board ship or shop assemblies.
- The DCT will also be required to work with Project Managers to produce production processes for manufacturing complex steel structure assembly controls. These controls will require in-process checks with required checkpoints for final product acceptance.
- The DCT will have the ability to work independently offsite, delivering the customer quality products in a timely manner, while being supervised remotely.
- The DCT may be required to perform measurement surveys on back shifts in order to mitigate temperature variation and weekends in order to not impede work flow.
- The DCT will at times be assigned to Engineering Departments to translate their product data into working drawings and work packages.
- Install complex deck, hull, and bulkhead systems IAW required technical drawings, manuals, and instructions. Design, fabricate, and install complex fixtures and targets to ensure proper alignment during welding/ brazing procedures. Determine size and material requirements for system modification or installation; particularly, high pressure, Level I and SUBSAFE systems.
- Follow detailed repair procedures and instructions (e.g. QA package steps, RECs, CWPs, FWPs, TGIs, Maintenance Standards, etc.) in order to complete the production operations.
- Self- motivated, focused individual with strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
- Ability to communicate and interface with the Production, Engineering, Quality and support departments.
- Will be working autonomously with little to no supervision.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- While not engaged or part of OII-MSD Work Teams, the DCT may also be assigned as a Production Supervisor.
- Generate Condition Reports to document unsatisfactory conditions identified during the production operation (i.e.; repair, modification, etc.).
§ This position will be the lead on all 3D metrology tasks and may be utilized as a Supervisor on non-metrology taskings.
- Reports to Project Manager.
- High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma and additional vocational courses or technical school graduate; and/or military and/or civilian experience with marine mechanical systems in a repair department or shipyard.
- Must have the ability to obtain government base access.
- DCT will be technically competent in computer-aided instruments that extract actual conditions and have the ability to translate this data into 3D modeling. Must have competency with various software including: Solidworks, AutoCAD, Spatial Analyzer, Microsoft Office.
- Read and understand terminology, blueprints, drawings, and schematics to plan installation, modification or repair prior to commencing the process.
- Strong ability to work effectively and autonomously with little to no supervision.
This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- Humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Light is intense/glare
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Work surface is stable
- Constant exposure to dust
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUMwork.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces,kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
Wear PPE for skin protection
Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
Operate a motor vehicle
Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Dimensional Control Technician - Supervisor
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 11807
Full/Part Time: Full-Time