Oceaneering Financial Administrator I in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
The Accounting Clerk works directly for the Accounting Manager under minimal supervision and supports general accounting responsibilities.Assist in the preparation and processing of accounts payable invoices, journal entries, accounts receivable, time and labor reporting, employee expense reports and assist with audits or annual reporting requirements along with other accounting related tasks.Individual will perform various routine accounting functions on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, provide audit support and demonstrate the ability assist other team memberswhen required.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security Clearance issued by the U.S. government.
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
- Please, visit this link to determine if you would be eligable for a clearance: https://www.clearancejobs.com/securityclearancefaq.pdf
Duties & Responsibilities
- Scan and file accounting documents in accordance with record retention guidelines
- Audit and process expense reports
- Reconcile employee advance accounts
- Prepare and process account payable invoices and purchase order payments
- Perform weekly Time & Labor Administrator responsibilities (all aspects)
- Prepare journal entries
- Accounts Receivable (collection calls, invoice entry, AR tracking)
- File and maintain accounting records and other clerical reports related to the accounting operation
- Daily interfacing and communication with vendors, ADTECH employees or other Oceaneering employees outside ADTECH
- Perform the duties of a petty cash custodian
- Understand and assist with the Match Exception and RNV reports/account reconciliations (all aspects)
- Understand and comply with Accounting policies and procedures (SOX, Gov’t Business Systems, corporate and local process/policies/process instructions)
- Additional duties as assigned.
- There will be occasions where the Accounting Clerk may perform special projects or duties as required by the Sr. Management of Oceaneering
- Direct Supervision: None
- Indirect Supervision: None
- Direct Supervisor: Accounting Manager
- Indirect Supervisors: Sr. Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller and/or Controller
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two - four years of experience in an accounting environment.
- Working knowledge of acceptable office procedures.
- Familiarity with basic accounting procedures.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with all levels within the company.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and accounting software (PeopleSoft a plus).
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close proximity to other people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Financial Administrator I
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 11983
Full/Part Time: Full-Time