Oceaneering Senior Cost & Project Analyst in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
Working under minimal supervision, reports and analyzes the cost/performance, review and assist updating schedules and oversees contractual matters on assigned programs and departments. Provides Program Managers with current status (cost/schedule) of programs/projects under their cognizance. Analyzes historical and current trends to forecast future performance. Responsible for forecasting of the rolling flash, preparation of the annual plan and tracking other indirect costing functions for indirect cost centers or small departments. Responsible for all aspects of cost volume preparation, including: written content, cost/price schedules, contractual aspects such as bonding and insurance coverage and audit support. Individual errors will directly affect, to a minor degree, the overall pace of production, or overhead cost for programs/products.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security Clearance issued by the U.S. government.
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
- Please, visit this link to determine if you would be eligible for a clearance: https://www.clearancejobs.com/securityclearancefaq.pdf
Duties & Responsibilities
Expectation of this function requires strictest attention to detail and accuracy, clearly communicated and coordinated efforts involving all the activities within the department, the position is assigned to. Technical knowledge of financial / cost performance is expected to be broad and deep enough to identify areas of concern and obtain solution. Typical projects assigned to this function are Cost Plus & Time & Material, with some Fixed Priced contracts that have low contract value and small financial risk to the company. Able to work as part of a team of managers and technical personnel. Good organizational skills and analytical / logical approach. Able to collect information and solve problems of medium to difficult complexity relating to assigned projects.
- Indirect Functions: Support the preparations of Rolling Flash, Annual Plan, and other indirect cost tracking functions assigned.
- Responsible for supporting the collection of Accounts Receivables and generating invoices associated with projects assigned.
- Prepares and issues the following reports according to the schedule: Monthly/Weekly Project Status Report and EAC Report as required by the various Program/Project Managers.
- Use project management software and implement from bid to baseline to earned value vs. actuals — all cost/schedule variances applicable.
- Set up and maintain all projects within accounting system relating to, however, not limited to As Bid/Budgets, Chart of Accounts and the active status of accounts.
- Maintains working knowledge of various government regulations as required by contracts.
- Prepare cost volumes associated with various bids or RFPs assigned, maintain for historical purposes all cost volumes prepared and support any audit requirements of this volumes.
The above list is only a representative sample of what the Sr. Cost & Project Analyst might be called upon to do on a daily basis.
There will be occasions the Sr. Cost & Project Analyst may perform other special projects or duties as required by the Department Manager or Division Controller.
- Directly Supervised: None
- Indirectly Supervised: None
- Immediate Supervisors: Department Manager or Division Controller
- Type of Supervision: General oversight
- B.A. in Accounting or equivalent required.
- 3-6 years of experience in performance/cost measurement or financial analysis is required.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Project Management/Scheduling Software (MS Project, MPM, etc..), and accounting software (JD Edwards and Peoplesoft)
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the Company and subcontractor organization.
- A working knowledge in government and commercial contract requirements.
- Knowledge of performance measurement principles such as earned value, scheduling, DOS and Operating Efficiency
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive customer relations.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Senior Cost & Project Analyst
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 11811