Oceaneering Senior Project Scheduler in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Oceaneering International, Marine Services Division is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Senior Scheduler to support projects at our Chesapeake, VA location. The Project Scheduler will, using statements of work, prepare master production plans and schedules that are fully integrated and resource loaded. They will organize working meetings with Project Managers to detail statement of work and forecast resources with budget allocations. When required, weekly or monthly, depending on project needs, the Scheduler will produce Earned Value Management reporting on project status including schedule performance and cost performance index. Weekly data will be collected and analyzed for the Project Manager. The Scheduler will be a member of the Integrated Project Team for all projects she or he is assigned to.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security Clearance issued by the U.S. government.
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
- Please, visit this link to determine if you would be eligable for a clearance: https://www.clearancejobs.com/securityclearancefaq.pdf
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
- The preferred candidate will have advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Project as well as Oracle PeopleSoft and Primavera.
- The preferred candidate will have experience in a position that requires coordination between departments within an organization with CQI training.
- Experience with Risk Analysis and mitigation strategies.
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills, with experience developing large, complex projects in an integrated project environment.
- Ability to adhere to both Oceaneering and Shipyard safety standards.
- Comprehensive understanding of Critical Path Analysis and baseline control.
- Must have advanced working knowledge/experience with Primavera P6
- Must possess or have the ability to gain a DOD Secret security clearance
- Requires a BA or BS degree or 3 or more years’ experience in ship repair or have graduated from an accredited shipbuilding apprentice program with 5 or more years’ experience.
- Have worked in a ship repair or shipbuilding or other similar manufacturing with scheduling or production work control experience.
- Must have the ability to maintain multiple schedules concurrently.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to successfully interact with internal and external customers as well as co-workers at every level.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) is a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The shipyard/base/manufacturing work environment; the site may contain mobility barriers with uneven ground level and obstructed pathways. Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site will be indoor/outdoor climate with various temperatures and noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, and etc.
Employee may be required to do the following: ability to access and work in confined spaces, reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials; coordinating the movement of eyes, hands and fingers to operate machines and equipment; lifting 50 lbs from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; carrying objects, etc.; ascending/descending inclined ships gangways; climbing ladders, standing; crawling, squatting, bending, sitting; walking; seeing with or without correction; hearing with or without correction; following set procedures and standards; applying basic mathematical skills; following oral and/or written directions; reading; writing; ability to recognize and report safety hazards. Protective equipment will be required to be worn at all times. This is Mediumwork.
(Exerting up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds of work frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work).
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Senior Project Scheduler
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 11881
Full/Part Time: Full-Time