Oceaneering Electrical Engineer I in Clear Lake, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts, including the Constellation Space Suit System; life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA’s Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory and Space Vehicle Mockup Facility.
**For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Space Systems.
Working under close supervision, is responsible for specific portions of larger tasks involving design and development of hardware, systems or projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides design or technical support to the Project Team or Robotics and Automation group as directed by the Project Manager.
- Executes planned and assigned tasks including concept and detailed designs and trade studies.
- Prepares analysis of existing designs as needed to evaluate functional performance, design margins, and component rating margins.
- Assists Project Manager, or team lead, as directed in development of proposals, change requests, customer reviews, feasibility and trade studies, etc.
- Develops prototypes designs, or subsections of designs, to evaluate performance and validate analysis as directed.
- Performs troubleshooting of existing designs / systems as required.
- Assists in fabrication of prototype hardware including use of basic hand and power tools under direction of project manager.
- Prepares design or other documentation as directed.
- May perform other technical duties as required by Project Manager.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, plus 0-2 years of experience in developing, or supporting the development of electrical and/or electromechanical hardware.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify requirements, formulate an appropriate design approach, and then implement the design approach to solve the specified problem.
- Must be knowledgeable in the detailed design of circuitry including parts selection, schematic entry, and PCB design/layout.
- Hands on experience prototyping / fabricating circuitry required.
- Experience in soldering, thru hole and surface mount, for prototype PCB fabrication and wiring required.
- Knowledge of electrical design software tools for schematic entry and PCB layout is essential.
- Digital discrete logic design at the IC level
- Analog design including amplifiers, comparitors, regulators, and similar devices
- Proficiency with O-scopes, DMMs, and other standard electronics lab test equipment
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer I
Location: Clear Lake, Texas
Job ID: 11787
Full/Part Time: Full-Time