Oceaneering AGV Software Engineer in Hanover, Maryland
Frog AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Frog has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
Frog AGV Systems is ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.frogusa.com. To learn more about Oceaneering go towww.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing, testing, supporting and installing our Linux based AGV software suite. Working in a multidisciplinary team you will be responsible for making sure that the software system meets the customer specifications and work within their site constraints. You have both logistical and technical insight to create solutions that provide optimal automation performance. Given that we have global customers you are willing to travel and stay abroad for several weeks at a time averaging about 25% travel throughout the year. You are responsible for the successful installation at the customer site. In this role you report to the Director in the Hanover, MD office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing, developing, testing and installing the supervisory control software
- Responsible for implementing, developing and testing the control software for AGVs
- Interfacing the vehicle software to vehicle control hardware such as motor controllers, proximity detectors, and wheel encoders
- Commissioning and handover of AGVs to the customers at their site
- Troubleshooting and fixing software issues
- Testing the application software and interfaces to the vehicle
- Writing requirements, detailed design documentation, and test cases
- Providing support for field issues
- Analyzing and modifying traffic and logic rules to optimize material flow and optimizing vehicle performance
- Continuously improving our processes and procedures to optimize development efficiency
- Technical Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Automation Technology or Information Technology
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience in writing application software for technical applications
- Proficient with Linux and knowledgeable of the Windows operating systems
- Experiencing programming in Linux
- Experience programming in Java, C++ and C; Python experience a plus
- Experience generating user interfaces in Java
- Knowledge of object oriented design methodologies and design patterns
- Experience writing multithreaded software
- Experience programming serial, CAN and network communications (UDP and TCP)
- Experience writing control systems
- Understanding of networking hardware and software including UDP and TCP
- Experience with issue tracking systems. Specific experience with Jira is a plus
- Experience with versions control systems. Specific experience with Subversion a plus
- Experience with writing requirements, design documentation, and test cases
- Experience with controlling autonomous robots is a plus
- Ability to read, understand, debug and modify existing product code
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams
- Experience with integrating with enterprise systems such as database, ERP, and factory automation systems
- Working knowledge of electronic and electromechanical devices such as analog inputs and outputs, quadrature encodes, relays, solenoids, proximity sensors, etc.
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) is a plus
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad several weeks at a time during system installation
- About 25% travel time throughout the year
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: AGV Software Engineer
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11473
Full/Part Time: Full-Time