Oceaneering Business Development Manager in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
OTECH is a division of Oceaneering International Inc. and ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies.
The Business Development Manager supports OTECH’s growth strategy by identifying, pursuing, and capturing new business opportunities in commercial and DOD areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement marketing and business plans, sales strategies, and action plans for identified targets of opportunity.
- Contribute to the development of new, competitive proposals.
- Participate in sales forecasting and consistently meet or exceed forecasted sales numbers.
- Participate in the identification and execution of division goals and objectives.
- Develop customer relationships and maintain updated knowledge of customer plans, programs, and general market intelligence.
- Actively identify and generate new prospects through trade shows, sales presentations, and prospecting over the phone and in the field.
- Expand sales by working with existing customers for the purchase of system expansions, upgrades, servicing, spare parts, training, etc.
- Identify new market opportunities and target markets.
- Collaborate with internal marketing and engineering departments both in the US and abroad.
- Determine system requirements and work closely with engineering and management to ensure accurate design and estimating.
- Develop an external network of solution partners and providers.
- Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a technical field, or related. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 10-12 years of related business development experience, including at least 5 years in technical sales.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Understanding of customer buying teams and how to sell to individual influencers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with others.
- Excellent interviewing skills including active listening and empathy
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel, sometimes on short notice.
- Relevant experience with engineering or remotely operated vehicles (ROVs).
- Experience directly managing complex projects.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with offshore or subsea industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11626
Full/Part Time: Full-Time