Oceaneering Buyer II in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Buyer II executes purchase orders (POs) for procurement of materials and services in support of multiple departments within the assigned division. The Buyer II is able to make commitments for the company at any dollar level upon receipt of a properly approved requisition and assists management in meeting department goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, negotiate, and execute purchase agreements with domestic and international suppliers.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships.
- Evaluate vendor performance and assist with maintenance of approved supplier list.
- Place orders in accordance with engineering specifications and other requirements.
- Negotiate price and delivery to meet project requirements. Expedite orders as needed to ensure that delivery dates are met.
- Understand and interpret technical data to prepare and issue Requests for Quotes (RFQs). Analyze quotes to select or recommend suppliers.
- Recommend alternate parts or suppliers to obtain more favorable pricing and quality.
- Attend and participate in project meetings relating to procurement.
- Adhere to Quality Management System.
- Resolve receiving problems that may include quality issues, rejected materials or shipments, and part number discrepancies.
- Resolve material and part returns due to warranty claims, incorrect shipments, or freight damage. Submit claims for carrier freight damage.
- Provide information for Reports of Discrepency, Quality Deficiency Reports, and Vendor Feedback Reports for non-conforming materials and/or services.
- Reconcile credit card statements and resolve invoice issues with Accounts Payable and vendors.
- Work with Accounting Department to solve complex problems pertaining to procurement.
- Associates degree. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three to five years ofpurchasing or related experience.
- Good working knowledge of procurement process.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Requirements (FARs).
- Ability to establish vendor relationships and negotiate best prices and delivery.
- Ability to read and interpret commercial contract language and technical specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Production, Operations, Business Management, or relevant field.
- CPIM or CPM certification
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Buyer II
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11679