Oceaneering Contracts Advisor in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Contracts Advisor is responsible for evaluating Request for Proposals, negotiating contracts and associated business risks, executing contract modifications, and negotiating Terms and Conditions. The Contracts Advisor should also possess good written and verbal communication skills, customer relations, attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Successful candidates should have experience in administering various types of Contracts (CPFF/CPIF/CAF/FFP, and Time & Material) in accordance with the rules and regulations specified in the contract, as well as the policies and procedures of Oceaneering International.
The Contracts Advisor will be responsible for contracts with a higher dollar value and with increased visibility throughout the division. The Contracts Advisor may also take the lead on various proposals and mentor less experienced Contracts Administrators.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Program Manager to prepare bid packages, including a Statement of Work and terms and conditions, as well as the FAR/DFAR flow down clauses for the procurement of equipment and services.
- Negotiates modifications to various types of contracts.
- Participates with Contracts Administration and the Purchasing organization to develop contract policies and procedures.
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize several programs is essential
- Program-related travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BS or BA required.
- 5-8 years of experience in Government Contracting and/or Purchasing.
- Experience in administering various types of Contracts (CPFF/CPIF/CPAF/FFP, and Time & Material).
- Familiar with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DFAR procurements.
- Experience with data entry of contracts
- Familiar with Proprietary Information Exchange Agreements and Teaming Agreements.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Master’s Degree desirable.
- Prior experience within the non-government/commercial contracts is beneficial.
- General Financial/Proposal work experience.
- Prior experience within the commercial/DOD contracts.
- PeopleSoft knowledge.
- The ability to obtain a security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Contracts Advisor
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11985
Full/Part Time: Full-Time