Oceaneering Director, Business Development in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
OTECH is a division of Oceaneering International Inc. and ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies.
The Director of Business Development leads and directs the Business Development group. The Director is responsible for the development of strategies to support organizational growth including market analysis, customer relationships, new customer development, capture, and teaming arrangements in commercial and DOD market areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direction, guidance and leadership to the BD organization
- Become familiar with OTECH, other ADTECH and Oil & Gas divisions services, products and capabilities.
- Develop forward looking strategies to support OTECH growth targets
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new customers
- Identify and develop strategic alliances and partnerships to provide a competitive advantage
- Identify and develop new opportunities in current and relevant adjacent markets
- Identify potential acquisitions
- Work closely with the OTECH leadership to ensure a smooth transition between capture and proposal activities
- Support proposals by providing insight based on customer interactions, community intelligence and experience
- Conducts proposal win/loss
- Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
- Additional duties as assigned by the VP/GM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Marketing or Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of related business development experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- In-depth understanding of the government market place.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with others.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel, sometimes on short notice.
- Relevant experience in the maritime and subsea industry (i.e. AUVs, ROVs, subsea and offshore equipment)
- Experience managing complex projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Director, Business Development
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11988
Full/Part Time: Full-Time