Oceaneering Marketing and Communications Assistant in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Marketing and Communications Assistant is responsible for contributing to the development of communications and other marketing projects such as collateral, promotional goods, presentations, etc. This position will also assist the Marketing and Communications Lead in daily marketing and business development activities as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write articles, promotional materials, website, website and social media content.
- Work with the contracts department to ensure that written and visual content are properly reviewed and approved prior to release.
- Assist with the development, procurement, and inventory of marketing and communications materials and literature including: brochures, case studies, advertisements, promotional goods, etc.
- Assist with the coordination of marketing and communications activities including: trade shows, conferences, tours, meetings, and the annual symposium.
- Attend and support trade shows, conferences, and networking events as required.
- Update and maintain the marketing databases and documentation including but not limited to: the symposium database, promotional inventory, marketing calendar, and ADTECH portals, etc.
- Maintain communications with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy of technical data.
- Assist with the development and preparation of presentations.
- Process orders for promotional items, marketing materials, etc.
- Support proposal production and development as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
1-3 years of marketing and writing experience.
Experience interviewing subject matter experts to generate concise content.
Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment with frequent concurrent deadlines.
Demonstrated experience and proficiency of Adobe Indesign.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
Ability to obtain security clearance is required.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
Capable of thriving in a highly collaborative environment while also possessing the ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
Ability and willingness to travel.
Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere.
Familiarity with Google drive and associated applications (Docs, Sheets, Drive etc.).
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Assistant
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11721
Full/Part Time: Full-Time