Oceaneering Mechanical Technician in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
OTECH is a division of Oceaneering International Inc. and ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies.
The Mechanical Technician will perform production assembly, field repair, maintenance, and other associated functions on OES products or related systems. As a Mechanical Technician, you will at times lead the daily activities of a team of technicians and be the point person to communicate with the production, installation, and project teams. You will be directly involved in writing job followers and JSEAs for the mechanical team. Your safety and the safety of the team is your primary job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Mechanical Technician will perform assembly, integration, and maintenance/repairs on equipment/systems in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures and in accordance with appropriate Safety Standards.
- Perform field installation, test/debug, and repair of equipment/systems.
- The Mechanical Technician is responsible for applying the necessary skills to ensure safe, efficient conduct of their work.
- The Mechanical Technician must be willing to teach and mentor the mechanics and contingent workers of a junior status.
- Travel on short notice (as little as twelve hours) world-wide, is required with lengthy durations of stay (months) at remote destinations.
- The Mechanical Technician must be qualified physically to perform strenuous manual work in heavy construction environments including performing work on ladders and in very confined spaces.
- The Mechanical Technician must be able to work any shifts at a days notice and long hours to make crucial deadlines.
- The Mechanical Technician must be able to work well with a team and also be self motivated and able to work alone.
- The Mechanical Technician should be able to work in extreme environments, from very hot and dry, hot and humid, and cold weather, as some work is not in a climate controlled environment.
- Assist the Production and Project Managers in the identification and implementation of new processes and improvements to existing processes as necessary to enhance the productivity/capability.
- Participation in Technical Working Groups.
- Participation in all safety programs offered by OES.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Technical 2-yr degree preferred.
- Two years experience in mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems assembly, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair; preferably in the entertainment industry.
- Working knowledge of and ability to read component prints, assembly drawings and work instructions.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic power generation systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge in operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining those systems, sub-systems and components listed above.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9001 certified company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11627
Full/Part Time: Full-Time