Oceaneering Project Manager in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
OTECH is a division of Oceaneering International Inc. and ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies.
The Project Manager is responsible for the realization of AGV projects within the agreed time, budget, and quality for international customers the world over.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the entirety of projects in relation to quality, schedule and budget.
- Responsible for supervision of project personnel which could include engineers, designers, draftsmen, technicians and/or administrative support.
- Distribute/assign tasks to employees within various disciplines (System Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and Installation, etc.) as guided by the project plan.
- Work closely with the System Engineer who is responsible for the technical system design.
- Monitor progress throughout project and ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage the contacts and relationship with international clients of appealing brands such as Daimler, Porsche and Tesla. Act as point of contact for the customer for the duration of the project.
- Coach and motivate other project team members; monitor progress with the process owners.
- Set clear expectations with project team by defining project tasks and resource requirements. Lead project meetings and presentations with customers.
- Monitor the scope agreements and negotiations on additional work.
- Oversee risk analysis and final evaluation of projects.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project; Conduct full review of project scope, goals and deliverables;
- Develop full scale project plans to include a project safety plan, project quality plan and risk management plan;
- Conduct project Kick Off meeting;
- Communicate project plan to include baseline scope, basis of estimate, baseline budget and baseline schedule to all project team members;
- Manage project budget, buildup up of ETC (Estimate to Complete) and DTC (Design to Cost) to achieve as-bid or improve job profit;
- Manage project resource allocation and resource loading into Primavera software;
- Conduct procurements to include subcontract/vendor management.
- Manage communications;
- Plan and schedule project timelines;
- Manage scope and change control to include implementation and management of project change interventions to achieve project outputs;
- Conduct project close out.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Logistics/Technical related.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a project manager for logistics projects.
- Knowledge of logistics, Material Handling and industrial processes.
- Excellent command of Dutch, English, and German, both spoken and written.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Peoplesoft.
- Good business sense and ability to convert customer needs into clear and achievable specification requirements.
- Must have commercial awareness and a commitment to customer satisfaction, while ensuring that projects are delivered within budget and profitability.
- Must be able to travel internationally as needed.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12172