Oceaneering Sr. Manufacturing Engineer in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Working under minimal supervision, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer defines, develops, documents, and qualifies manufacturing processes supporting new product development and/or production of existing products.
Security Clearance required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the engineering staff on projects under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager using engineering principles and software tools.
- Work closely with engineering and design teams concerning product design to ensure efficiency in production methods and process capabilities.
- Work closely with internal organizations and manufacturing management to ensure controlled changes meet business objectives.
- Confer with subcontractors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards that meet design specifications.
- Disposition non-conformance reports on fabricated parts and assist with identifying root cause and mitigation of root cause.
- Support manufacturing requirements for: requirements development, detailed design, and production of mechanical, and autonomous systems; procurement specification development, electro-hydraulic systems, and actuator design; development and execution of trade studies; developing and executing demonstration/test plans; and reports.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturability, production schedule estimates, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Review engineering estimates for production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Implement and support process improvement efforts.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ten years of engineering experience in a metal manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of current engineering software (i.e. SolidWorks, AutoCad, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company and subcontractor organizations.
- Ability to work as part of a team of managers, engineers, manufacturing, purchasing, vendors, and technical personnel.
- Ability to interact with other engineering and technical disciplines such as production coordinators, project managers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, designers, drafters, fabrication shop personnel, and hardware vendors.
- Knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes including welding and machining, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Good organizational skills and analytical/logical approach.
- Ability to collect information and solve problems of high complexity relating to assigned projects.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Hand on experience in welding or machining.
- Working knowledge of process improvement methods.
- Certification in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
- Experience working in an ISO environment.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close proximity to other people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is consideredLIGHTwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11714
Full/Part Time: Full-Time