Oceaneering NDT Technician - Level II RT in Houma, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The NDT Technician Level II will perform RT industrial inspections onshore / offshore of piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, and structural components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct tests with Radiographic Testing equipment for various components and materials.
- Conduct tests in other NDT methods.
- Interpret, evaluate, and document inspection results through formal report paperwork.
- Set up and calibrate inspection equipment.
- Load, process, read and interpret film.
- Responsible for operation of radiography in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures.
- Assist in training and supervising Level I RT trainees and other NDT trainees.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, paying special attention to health and safety policies.
- Must be able to travel and work on a call-out basis, both domestic and international.
- Must be able to work in harsh environments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum two (2) years of documented RT Level II work experience.
- Must be able to certify to ASNT-TC-1A Level II.
- Must have documented RT training per SNT-TC-1A.
- Must be able to pass Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival training.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card, valid Passport, Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered MEDIUMwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: NDT Technician - Level II RT
Location: Houma, Louisiana
Job ID: 11799
Full/Part Time: Full-Time