Oceaneering Buyer II in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Responsible for the procurement of goods, supplies, equipment, and services in accordance with purchasing policies, regulations, and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
- Investigates and develops sources of supply.
- Prepares and solicits bids.
- Issues requests for quotes/information.
- Reviews quotations.
- Negotiates for the purchase of goods, supplies, equipment and services.
- Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Ensures the communication of technical, quality, legal, and commercial requirement sourcing information for goods and services, and facilitates the resolution of commercial, quality and technical issues related to sourced goods, both internal and external to Oceaneering.
- Resolves purchasing issues between OII and vendors.
- Performs administrative activities in support of the purchasing function.
- A degree in business or a technical discipline plus 3 years of associated experience in purchasing. In lieu of a degree, high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and minimum 7+ years of associated experience in purchasing.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures, materials, products, and the commodity market in an area of specialization.
- Certifications from APICS or ISM desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Buyer II
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12179
Full/Part Time: Full-Time