Oceaneering Commercial Manager in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
This position serves as mmanagement of the full Commercial process for Asset Integrity - Western Hemisphere, providing leadership to the Commercial Team and supporting the Project Delivery Teams. This will include managing all of the processes and procedures that support the Commercial Management of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate, Formulate and Recommend policy, procedural or process changes to improve or enhance client delivery
- Analysis and review of Customer requirements and the investigation of new or alternative commercial response
- Collate accurate information on competitors pricing gleaned from the market and other sources.
- Define rate build up requirements and set standards for cost transparency and control, ensuring cost in tenders and projects are accurate
- Ensure that the risk profile in tenders and projects are understood and mitigated and commensurate with the return
- Support the Operations delivery teams in understanding Contract content and assisting in the preparation of CTR's and review of subsequent Orders. Ensure completion of Contract Payment Terms andSpecial Conditions in support of CTR’s and Proposals
- Ensure KPI's reflect the scope in support of CTR’s and Proposals, and Ensure local content is specified in support of CTR’s and Proposals
- Main post contract activities include, but not limited to: providing commercial assistance for forecasting, utilization statistics, and guidance to Operations and Finance teams on contractual administration requirements and procedures.
- Drive feedback of actual cost data into the bidding process to focus price points for tendering, Project and annual budget planning, and development of cost and operational commercial efficiency metrics.
- Commercial lead for the development of technology (cost, price, terms)
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to in so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Participate and where necessary lead QA/QC investigations into identified Cost of Poor Quality issues
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ability to manipulate and coordinate large volumes of data quickly and accurately
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate a lot of initiative, drive and motivation to achieve our company’s goals
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office and Oceaneering systems
- Should be flexible to travel for Operational requirements
- Maintains a regional understanding of Oil and Gas industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information
- Skill to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Offers support for others' ideas and proposals
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered LIGHTwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11853
Full/Part Time: Full-Time