Oceaneering Installation Engineer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Installation Engineer is responsible for supporting technical aspects for the installation of subsea hardware including technical evaluations, locating and specifying equipment, conceptual engineering, and management of work done by subcontractors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out tasks as assigned by project engineers and the engineering manager. Tasks would generally be focused on technical issues but will sometimes require administrative and project management functions.
- Responsible for the installation engineering of subsea hardware including field and offshore support.
- Prepares design changes, specifications, schematics, and test plans for installation equipment and subsea hardware. This may include locating equipment and vendor selection.
- Conduct engineering calculations and analysis
- Prepares installation and maintenance procedures.
- Reviews product designs, conducts and attends Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
- Prepares presentations, articles, and technical papers.
- Required to interface inside and outside a meeting setting with project team members and Clients.
- Performs non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of OPG projects and subcontractors.
- Work and travel offshore, both domestic and international (20% offshore)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Ocean or Marine Engineering)
- Entry-level to two (2) years engineering experience.
- Knowledge of classical analytical methods, MathCAD; AutoCAD; Solidworks
- Proficient with MS Office
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training
- Orcaflex; structural analysis package such as ANSYS or Risa3D is preferred.
- Oil and gas industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in installation of subsea hardware is preferred.
- Experience in Offpipe is preferred.
This position is considered 80% OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
This position is considered 20% OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Installation Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11883
Full/Part Time: Full-Time