Oceaneering Instrument Fitter in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to assemble/ tube Control equipment, Production equipment and Subsea tools and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Read and comprehend complex hydraulic and basic electrical schematics
- Run group tubing to equipment
- Assemble components from a detailed general assembly drawings
- Operate hydraulic power units
- Operate general hand, power, hydraulic and air tools
- Maintains shop cleanliness and ensures work is performed in an expedient and safe manner
- Reads and comprehends basic drawings, specifications and procedures
- Complete a start-up offshore on occasion
- Cleans, paints, cycles/flushes tooling and related equipment
- Occassionally be able to travel offsite or to other locations for tubing/assembly support as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or General Eductaion Degree (GED)
- Minimum five (5) to ten (10) years experience in manufacturing for offshore service industry running group tubing, reading schematics, and cone & thread autoclave (medium pressure/ high pressure) tubing
- Basic computer skills, ex. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to read and comprehend complex hydraulic and basic electrical schematics, basic drawings, specifications, and procedures
This position is considered SHOP/ OUTDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90% and in the winter, it will be cold
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
This position is considered HEAVY work. The person will:
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Wear PPE for skin protection
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Instrument Fitter
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11889
Full/Part Time: Full-Time