Oceaneering Integrity Engineer - Offshore & Subsea in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Senior Integrity Engineer will be responsible to deliver IM engineering services for offshore and subsea systems.
The Senior Engineer will utilize engineering principles in execution of IM processes with an emphasis on data and mechanistic models to determine system health. The role will be knowledgeable in engineering and operations of subsea and/or offshore facilities with the ability to advise on risk reduction best practices. In addition an interest in learning and participating in sales & marketing efforts is desired.
Due to the nature of the role, interfaces withinternal engineering teamsand external clients is required, therefore the representative must be a proficient communicator.
Duties & Responsibilities
Delivery of integrity services within the region including subsea and other offshore structures as required.
- Able to conduct and review risk assessments, remnant life assessments, fitness-for-service, root cause analysis and associated engineering calculations
- Deliver best-in-class integrity service based on concepts of RBA/RBI/RCM and predictive modelling with data driven analysis
- Align appropriate inspection, monitoring and NDE methods to assess condition health based on equipment type and relevant threats
- Ensure projects are performed in accordance with industry codes/standards, legislation, accreditation, and Oceaneering policies/procedures
- Some project coordination and oversight of the engineering team is required
- Write accurate and concise reports which review, analyse, and trend integrity management andinspection data and provide informed recommendations for repair strategies
- Development ofintegrity management strategy documentation
- Support development and continuous improvement of the integrity process between Oceaneering and the client within and across various assets
- Work in a collaborative engineering environment and support continuous improvement for best in class service
Develop relationships with other business units as well as Clients operating within the Oil & Gas industry to promote integrity management services.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and business units to achieve client needs
- Represent Oceaneering integrity management at trade shows, professional meetings, and industry forums
- Development of marketing materials in conjunction with BD and corporate marketing team
- Support responses to tenders and proposal development
- Ability and willingness to learn and support sales, marketing and internal development efforts
- Build relationships with key clients to influence decisions and demonstrate Oceaneering’s capabilities
- Sell, promote and communicate Oceaneering Integrity Management services to current and potential new clients
*Local and internationaltravelmay be required including presence at off and on-shore worksites.*
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering relevant to integrity such as mechanical, structural or corrosion
- Minimum of 4 years' experience delivering integrity management services
- Proven success in delivering technical projects
- Demonstrated understanding of offshore facilities and/or subsea systems
- Ability to define and apply integrity methods such as risk assessment, engineering analysis and data analytics
- Experience with the sales process is preferred, training can be provided
S*kills & KnowledgeRequired:*
- A proven track record in the following areas is required:
- Working knowledge of Subsea Equipment, umbilicals, risers, flowlines, pipelines and associated systems and/or
- Working knowledge of offshore facilities such as jacket structures, topsides structures and process systems
- Working knowledge of codes, standards and regulations applicable to integrity management and equipment design
- Able to conduct risk assessments (RBA/RBI/RCM) and engineering evaluation as related to integrity management
- Understanding of corrosion, flow assurance and other chemical threats
- Understanding of offshore inspection and NDE methods
- Project coordination and collaboration with multi-national engineering teams
- Ability to outline and implement integrity strategies based on the client and asset type
- High level of communication skills; verbal and written
- Develop and strengthen relationships with customers and contacts
- Minimum IT skills; Email, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Integrity Engineer - Offshore & Subsea
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11715
Full/Part Time: Full-Time