Oceaneering Manufacturing Tech-Programmer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary job responsibility is to perform CNC programming duties for the Houston location. Position will cover CNC programming of multiple machine configurations including: Lathes, Mills (both vertical and horizontal) and multi-tasking equipment (Mazak Integrex). Duties to include implementing process improvements and best practices with particular reference to CNC equipment, tooling and fixturing.* (This is a 2nd shift position)*
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create CNC programs for multiple machine configurations within Machine Shop
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in the maintenance of process router using ERP system
- Support machine shop with “hands on” application during prove out of CNC programs
- In conjunction with manufacturing engineering, assist with tooling, jig and fixture design
- Initiate design changes as required
- Perform process analysis, process improvements, process design and control including metrics, goals, targets and standardization
- Direct equipment modifications and improvements
- Aid in the implementation of manufacturing best practice improvement including 5S, lean manufacturing and other advanced manufacturing practices/concepts
- Perform time and motion studies including run rates, set up times and router development
- Monitor system controls including installation, specification, upgrades and changes
- Participate in product design reviews and new material evaluation
- Assist in equipment problem resolution
- Support manufacturing cost estimating and provides support for bids and proposals
- Demonstrate leadership in safety initiatives
- Ability to work second shift
- Minimum ten (10) years manufacturing experience with machined components required
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with CAM system programming. MasterCAM a plus
- Experience with ERP systems is required
- Knowledge of MS Office, Enovia, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, PeopleSoft
- Prior experience with conversational programming in Mazatrol
Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and pride.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered MEDIUM work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Manufacturing Tech-Programmer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11786
Full/Part Time: Full-Time