Oceaneering Marine Assurance Advisor in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
This position provides the multi-disciplinary and in-depth offshore marine technical related knowledge and expertise to projects and assets. The position will focus on providing an assurance role for shipboard operations, to ensure the safe, reliable and cost effectiveness of the equipment is designed, installed and subsequently commission onboard the fleet of Owned or Chartered Vessels. The job holder will also ensure all marine offshore related projects follow the relevant standards and guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical advice and support to offshore marine projects worldwide and ensure they are following the applicable standards and procedures.
- Provide technical advice and support to offshore in service assets, worldwide, and ensure they are following the applicable standards and procedures.
- Act as the machinery expert for offshore marine units, non-ships, in providing support to the Maritime Assurance department. This will include visits and condition assessments reports.
- Maintain industry contacts, to keep abreast of rule and regulatory requirements, as well as the latest development within the offshore marine industry.
- Provide technical assurance to the Marine Function, as it assures assets and marine projects worldwide.
- Manage other Marine offshore projects as required and directed.
- Attend conferences and coordinate company attendance at appropriate networking events.
- Identify new opportunities.
- Provide market intelligence.
- Recommend best practices.
- College degree in Marine Engineering, Ocean Engineering, or Marine Transportation
- Offshore experience level sailing as Chief Officer of First Assistant Engineer
- Must be able to obtain: Transportation Worker's Identification Card (TWIC), Safe Gulf Safety Training, Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training, Valid Passport
- Prior experience in specification development, selecting, troubleshooting, and maintaining marine equipment on offshore units.
- Prior experience in Marine Assurance is essential and also in the design construction and/or operation of Dynamic Position propulsion.
- Good knowledge of classification society (ABS, DNV, etc.), statutory, and industry standard compliance.
- Strong technical engineering evaluation skills and the ability to manage and evaluate engineering designs.
- Must possess financial and administrative qualities as well as strong computer skills.
- Articulate and a good communicator. Be able to compile professional, persuasive documents and reports as well as write relevant standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrate an ability to independently manage problems and tasks. Decisions will be made within generally broad parameters and a high level of initiative is required, taking into account all factors and not just the technical ones.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Marine Assurance Advisor
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11878
Full/Part Time: Full-Time