Oceaneering PeopleSoft System Administrator/DBA in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains computing environment by identifying PeopleSoft system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance.
- PeopleSoft System Administrator/DBA Should be well versed in PeopleSoft and database administration and upgrade.
- Design, implement and support high availability application across geographical regions.
- Provide support to application development staff, business systems users, System SME's, project managers and vendors as necessary to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Administering Project integration between PeopleSoft and project management software Primavera.
- Establishes PeopleSoft system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes PeopleSoft system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains PeopleSoft system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures PeopleSoft system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of related experience providing administration and operational support for PeopleSoft application and Database including RAC, database installation, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Must have 3 years of PeopleSoft application update experience to include 3 years of experience with scripting and process automation as well as server and application level load balancing
- Must have 1 year of experience with Planning, Design, Implementation, and Support of enterprise application.
- 1 year of experience with Enterprise Monitoring tools, Change Management and Incident Management.
- Must have experience with Planning, Design, Implementation, and Support of enterprise application as well as experience with Enterprise Monitoring tools, Change Management and Incident Management.
- Must have 3 years of experience with System Administration, PeopleSoft Financials, PeopleSoft HRMS, and PeopleSoft PORTAL applications as well as PeopleSoft/Database tuning experience
- Job location: Houston, TX.
Please apply online at www.oceaneering.com. Must refer to job code RR0001 when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: PeopleSoft System Administrator/DBA
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11860
Full/Part Time: Full-Time