Oceaneering Principal Subsea Integrity Engineer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Principal Subsea Integrity Engineer will be responsible for technical leadership of the IM engineering team as well as delivery oversight of subsea integrity services.
The Principal Engineer will provide leadership in development and execution of IM processes with an emphasis on combining data and analytics with expertise. The role will be knowledgeable in engineering and operations of subsea systems with the ability to advise on risk reduction best practices. A passion for excellence is required including ‘rolling up the sleeves’ to shape a best in class IM service.
The role will interface with both internal engineering teams and external clients, therefore the representative must be a proficient communicator.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the delivery of subsea integrity services within the region.
- Able to conduct and approve risk assessments, remnant life assessments, fitness-for-service, root cause analysis and associated engineering calculations.
- Deliver best-in-class integrity service based on concepts of RBA/RBI/RCM and predictive modelling with data driven analysis.
- Ensure projects are performed in accordance with industry codes/standards, legislation, accreditation, and Oceaneering policies/procedures.
- Provide project management and oversight of integrity engineering team.
- Write accurate and concise reports which review, analyse, and trend integrity management and inspection data and provide informed recommendations for repair strategies.
- Development of integrity management strategy documentation.
- Facilitate the development and continuous improvement of the integrity process between Oceaneering and the client within and across various assets.
- Develop and cultivate an engineering team capable of delivering a best in class service.
- Develop strong relationships internally with the integrity management team and externally with Clients to ensure excellence in delivery.
- Build relationships with key clients to influence decisions and demonstrate Oceaneering’s capabilities.
- Manage and lead engineers by actively mentoring, developing and promoting talent.
- Support the strategic planning process based on knowledge of current opportunities and threats.
- Assist the integrity team leader in budget preparation, annual revenue forecasts and monthly updates.
- Represent Oceaneering integrity management at trade shows, professional meetings, and industry forums.
- Support the sales function in development and delivery of marketing to prospective clients.
- Local and international travel as required including presence at off and on-shore worksites.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering relevant to integrity such as mechanical, structural or corrosion
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience delivering integrity management services and three (3) years in a supervisory role
- Proven success in delivering technical projects
- Demonstrated understanding of subsea systems and integrity methods
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Principal Subsea Integrity Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11560
Full/Part Time: Full-Time