Oceaneering Project Manager - Diving & Deep Sea in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Read and understand the scope of work, T & C’s and pricing; basis for revenues and the cost associated with delivery of products/services. Review contract as needed
- Lead project team, organize and conduct project team meetings. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Provide customers with recommended course of action regarding implementation of project procedures.
- Maintain cost and revenue accruals for projects on cost basis. Reports as required at various stages of the project.
- Provide job forecast for total cost, total revenue, and JP%.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Review of sea fastening and procedure drawings.
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Responsible for identifying and submitting deliverables for completion of project.
- Work and travel offshore, both domestic and international
- Coordinate 3rd party vendors and subcontractors.
- Promote safety in all aspects of a project and support company HSE goals and commitments.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Create document file structure and maintain project files and all project documents including but not limited to: Pre-mob activity schedule, project schedule, Procedures manual, Project overview, Personnel and equipment schedule, Org chart, Compilation of Post-Job Data Book.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies or concepts.
- Prioritizes work activities and plans for additional resources.
- Work in a highly collaborative, team focused environment.
- BS degree or equivalent Technical training
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience with increasing responsibility successfully managing various projects with subsea and underwater construction experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Safe Gulf Safety Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training
- Valid Passport
- P.M.P certified
- Working knowledge of Accounting software; Internet software; MS Office.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
Gives and receives constructive feedback.
Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
This position is considered 80% OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
This position is considered 20% OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glares.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered MEDIUMwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Project Manager - Diving & Deep Sea
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11863
Full/Part Time: Full-Time