Oceaneering Sr. Designer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Senior Designer will apply creative design skill, knowledge of manufacturing techniques, and Computer Aided Design Drafting practices to the generation of layout, assembly, and detail drawings for mechanical and hydraulic equipment of moderate to high complexity in support of the development of subsea intervention systems. The Senior Designer may also prepare sketches and other graphic information for use within technical documents, proposals, and sales-related documents. May supervise the work of other less experienced designers and drafters on a specific project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- With minimal instructions, prepare CADD solid models (SolidWorks part and assembly level), complete layout and detail drawings, including application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, for moderately to highly complex equipment or mechanisms.
- Perform independent, original designs and interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel to ensure manufacturability and proper assembly.
- Check technical accuracy and completeness of drawings.
- Prepare illustrations for technical documentation, proposals, and sales-related documents.
- Support engineering activity with solid modeling to prepare models for export to engineering analysis/simulation software including merging and meshing of parts and application of load vectors under the direction of senior or higher level engineering staff
- Tasks will focus on mechanisms, structures, and hydraulic control systems.
- Individual will be expected to contribute at the component, assembly, and sub-system levels of projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Expert in Solidworks or related 3D CAD software.
- Advanced Solidworks certifications are highly desired.
- AutoCAD experience is highly desired.
- 10+ years of design experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Designer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11942
Full/Part Time: Full-Time