Oceaneering Sr. Engineer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide engineering development and support on small to medium-sized projects and/or individual components of larger more complex projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform conceptual design work, engineering calculations, and interpret analysis results.
Prepare and check manufacturing drawings.
Write and/or review technical proposals, equipment evaluations and sourcing.
Interface with customers and other project managers (both internal & external) and provide engineering status and progress reports.
Prepare technical procedures (i.e. factory acceptance test, load test procedure, etc.) and technical specifications (i.e. scope of supply, master document list, design specification, etc.)
Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, applicable standards (ISO, API and ANSI), contract requirements and related specifications.
Ensure all designs are of compatible materials and components taking into consideration environmental requirements.
Perform design reviews and presentations with internal and external customers.
Allocate assignments of various portions of a project to Designers/Drafters or Technicians.
Mange execution of work to project budgets and schedules.
- Conduct product testing and offshore field operations of hardware (as needed).
Effectively work and complete assignments in group settings. Works cooperatively with others to achieve common goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related engineering discipline)
- 10 plus years related engineering experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Working knowledge of Solidworks and Enovia or similar Product Life Management (PLM) system
- Good working knowledge of Engineering Fundamentals, including structures, pressure vessel design and stress calculations
Mechanical Engineering Discipline
Subsea hardware design experience
ASME B31.3, DNV 2.7-1, DNV 2.7-3, DNV-RP-B401 API 17, ISO13628
Working Knowledge of Primavera, AutoCad, MathCad
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11741
Full/Part Time: Full-Time