Oceaneering Sr. Network Engineer (CCNP required) in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The responsibilities of the senior network engineer includes the design, engineering, and support of large scale enterprise networks. The individual must be qualified to design, support and maintain large scale MPLS,iWan, wireless and voice networks with experience in multi-site operations. The candidate must be competent in to work as a SME and customer facing lead and working with the engineering teams in providing high level documentation and test lab support for deployments. This role should have extensive experience with WAN network management tools such as Solarwinds and Liveaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direct design and engineering to configure, deploy and maintain WAN edge and firewall equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of QOS and N-1 Compliance programs
- Provide detailed engineering drawings and design reference to support the customer deployments.
- Provide change management and operational planning documentation to support ITL change processes.
- Configuring, testing, and troubleshooting of network equipment such as Cisco routers/switches, ASA’s, CME, CUE, and wireless LAN equipment
- Configuring and Engineering solutions with multi-tenant designs for GDS Infrastructure.
- Document all network designs, configurations, and network change requests to maintain real time accountability network architecture for Network Operations Center and client documentation.
- Standardize global design and documentation of security, data, voice, and video globally
- Flexible schedule and sense of urgency to support escalations that impact business operations and client services
- Lead and mentor junior Network Technicians on troubleshooting Global Data Solutions systems
- Participate and lead as Network SME in project planning activities with internal and external customers.
- Available after hours and weekends as needed and willing to work on-call rotation
- Maintain procedures and standards in support of Network operations and documentation required for network administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 5 years Engineering global proven, resilient, and secure networks
- Minimum 5years experience directly working with customer and client technical and project teams
- Minimum 5 years configuring, deploying, maintaining, and upgrading routing and switching fabric for hub, spoke, and DC environments
- Minimum 5 years global call routing with on Cisco VG, CME, CUE, CCM, SIP, and T1/PRI
- Minimum 5years experience in Network Security best practices to include Cisco ASA, Firepower, ACL’s, and stateful packet inspection
- Minimum CCNP
Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
Prefer ITIL V3 Certification and direct implementation of practices
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered LIGHT work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer (CCNP required)
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11809
Full/Part Time: Full-Time