Oceaneering Assistant Corrosion Engineer in Jakarta, Indonesia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Assist the Senior Engineer with the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated Assets/ sites. To ensure that plant and equipment is Certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and legislasation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of problems both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, notification of actions etc.
- Assist in RBA preparation and reviews as directed by discipline engineer.
- Assist in development of detailed plans, programmes and workscopes for annual corrosion andintegrity monitoring etc.
- Assist in the preparation of workpacks as per the inspection programme or for unplanned activities.
- Retrieve project specific technical data from client library/documentation.
- Assist in mobilisation requirements as directed.
- Assist in reviewing and processing of inspection reports, anomaly reports (e.g. Inspection Queries(IQ) and Remedial Orders (RO)) etc.
- Input inspection data including that from corrosion monitoring into relevant Maintenance
- Management System (MMS) and/ or ACET (or similar database).
- Assist in maintaining registers such as for dead legs and temporary repairs.
- Assist with coordination in the anomaly process as directed.
- Assist with the coordination of reports for performance management or integrity data e.g. overduereports, KPIs, as directed by your line manager.
- Assist with CTR’s and budgets.
- Carry out Offshore/ site visits/ surveys to support onshore activities as required.
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
See competence map on Competence Management System for specific job competencies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- essential functions.
Qualifications and Training
- ¿Minimum UKAS RG2 Category 4 compatible (E)
- ¿As a minimum ONC in Mechanical Eng, NVQ Level 3 (such as City & Guilds) (E)
Note: ONC in Fabrication & welding or other similar subject could be considered provided the individualhas other qualification e.g. ASME or API certification.
- ¿HNC or greater in an Engineering related discipline which should ideally be Mechanical Engineering (P)
- ¿Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification (P)
- ¿NDT certification for core techniques (P)
- ¿Confined Space Entry training (P)
- ¿Minimum 2 years of specific experience related to the job description (E)
- ¿Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes,standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant andequipment (P)
- ¿Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDE techniques (E)
- ¿Microsoft Office (E)
- ¿ACET or equivalent (P)
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- ¿Good team player (E)
- ¿Good communicator both written and verbal (E)
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Assistant Corrosion Engineer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job ID: 11894
Full/Part Time: Full-Time