Oceaneering Corrosion Engineer in Jakarta, Indonesia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
- Implement and deliver assigned asset corrosion engineering work including control strategy(ies).
- Participate in and effectively report upon those activities and practices. Provide other assigned corrosion engineering support services to Oceaneering and/ or client companies as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Regulatory and client standard compliance
- Support the Line Manager (LM) in appropriate aspects of management of Oceaneering contractproviding assurance on technical delivery and cost management.
- Assist in the development of appropriate annual budget.
- Ensure all work is complaint with relevant client engineering and safety standards and practices andreview any revisions and feedback from client Integrity Focal Point.
- Ensure implementation of client corrosion management control strategy(ies).
- Participate in the risk based assessment process, and provide corrosion expertise and effectively interactwith multi-disciplinary Risk Based Assessment (RBA) or other rocess groups.
- Input to the production and ongoing management of the asset Annual Inspection Plans and clientplanning process compliance for corrosion monitoring activities.
- Assist with corrosion input to asset Turnaround (TAR) programmes.
- Assist with producing pipework inspection workscopes and workpacks as directed by the SeniorInspection Engineers.
- Ensure the effective application of innovative inspection and corrosion engineering applications andspecialist technologies.
- Input to the Inspection Query/Remedial Order (IQ/RO) process for corrosion and materials issues.
- Assist senior engineers with corrosion anomalies and failures.
- Undertake or co-ordinate failure investigations into material and corrosion issues in accordance withprescribed or approved failure investigation procedures.
- Provide technical assessment and interpretation of corrosion/inspection monitoring data (using ACET orother databases as appropriate).
- Recommend changes in corrosion criticality analyses and monitoring/inspection programmes whereappropriate.
- Ensure effective data management within ACET database.
- Deliver periodic reports, corrosion status of systems, identification and assessment of significant trendsfrom surveys and Corrosion and Chemical Control Matrices.
- Maintain appropriate level of contact with Asset Teams, 3rd Parties and internal disciplines to ensure aneffective Corrosion Inspection Management (CIM) service.
- Attend TAR Meetings, RBA meetings, Asset Integrity meetings and technical practice documentationreviews as required and maintain appropriate levels of contact with asset teams and third parties toensure an effective corrosion service.
- Support LM in production of Oceaneering monthly performance management report (Dashboard).
- Input into annual reporting as directed by LM. A
- ssist the LM to achieve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) deliverables and overall management of theservice
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertaketasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonablypracticable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times.
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performancestandards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work.
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed forconsideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
See competence map on Competence Management System for specific job competencies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
Qualifications and Training
- ¿Degree in Engineering related discipline (E)
- ¿Postgraduate qualification in corrosion (P)
- ¿Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P)
- ¿Offshore medical and survival certification (P)
- ¿Minimum 3 years of specific experience related to the job description, with at least one year in pressuresystems in the oil and gas or related industries (E)
- ¿Able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of and be able to use applicable national and internationalstandards in the corrosion or related fields (E)
- ¿Familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDE techniques (E)
- ¿Microsoft Office (E)
- ¿ACET or equivalent (E). If no previous experience, training must be completed in a timely manner
- ¿Corrosion modeling software (P)
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- ¿Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving (E)
- ¿Good communicator both written and verbal (E)
Essential Job Functions
- Specific vision abilities for this job are required (all those who carry out field works should have this
- Validated by undergoing an annual eye test.
Job Title: Corrosion Engineer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job ID: 11892