Oceaneering Structural Engineer in Jakarta, Indonesia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Assist with the Structural Integrity Management to maintain the structural integrity of onshore and/or offshore oil production facilities. These are in accordance with approved plans and with Oceaneering and the client’s codes of practice, strategies and offshore/onshore legislation where applicable
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Principal/Senior Structural Engineer, and Project Manager(s) in the delivery of Structural.
- Integrity Management Service.
- Ensure all work is complaint with relevant client engineering and safety standards and practices and review any revisions and feedback from client Integrity Focal Point.
- Develop (where appropriate) and maintain structural integrity documentation for each asset.
- Prepare and maintain Structural Inspection Routines (PMR’s) based upon the structural inspection strategies produced by the appropriate client Structural Integrity Engineer (Technical Authority).
- Ensure the structural inspections detailed in the strategies are carried out and are co-ordinated with all other activities where necessary. (Generate annual inspection programme).
- Develop and issue detailed inspection workpacks / workscopes for topside inspections to the appropriate person or contractor. Ensure all parties are fully conversant with all aspects of the workscopes.
- Review and endorse all Structural Inspection Reports, including 3rd party NDE Reports, and confirm the structural inspections have been carried out as required by the strategies.
- Carry out first pass assessment of reported defects, report any anomalies and highlight any areas of concern to the appropriate client Structural Integrity Engineer. Advise the client when conditions present any immediate threat to integrity.
- Advise the appropriate client Structural Integrity Engineer of any limitations resulting from inspections, advise alternative solutions for mitigating or resolving problems.
- Contribute to the development and completion of fabric maintenance strategies, programs and plans.
- Promote the use of specialist technology to resolve unusual/special problems and liaise with the client on the implementation when appropriate.
- Draft the topside structural inspection Annual Summary Reports at year end.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual IIM budget for the assigned Asset(s).
- Input to the IQRO process for structural issues.
- Maintain appropriate level of contact with Asset Teams, 3rd Parties and internal disciplines to ensure an effective Structural Integrity Management service.
- Attend TAR Meetings, Asset Integrity meetings and technical practice documentation reviews as required.
- Support Line Manager in production of Oceaneering monthly performance management report (Dashboard)
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed forconsideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- Directly supervises one non-supervisory employee Structures team. Carries out supervisory
- responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
- include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
- performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
See competence map on Competence Management System for specific job competencies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Training
- Degree in Engineering related discipline (E)
- MSc qualification in related discipline (P)
- Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P)
- Offshore medical and survival certification (P)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant civil/structural engineering (E)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDE techniques (E)
- Microsoft Office and AutoCAD working knowledge (E)
- ACET or equivalent (P)
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to generate a team approach to workflow execution and problem solving (E)
- Good communicator both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others (E)
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures (E)
Essential Job Functions
Specific vision abilities for this job are required (all those who carry out field works should have this Validated by undergoing an annual eye test.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job ID: 11890
Full/Part Time: Full-Time