Oceaneering PLS - Manager of Land & Coastal Projects in Lafayette, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, survey services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering (Survey Services business unit) is seeking a Manager-of-Projects in our Lafayette, LA office.
Above & below the water line, Oceaneering offers clients a full range of survey, geoscience data acquisition & geo-consulting services.
Operating from our Lafayette main offices, with regional offices throughout the gulf-coast and Northeast, our professional land survey staff supports the offshore & onshore energy sector, with immediate growth expected in construction, utility mapping, aerial inspection & mapping, dimensional control surveys, port and harbor surveys, Government Agency surveys, including US Army Corp of Engineers, DOT work award.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will lead and grow the Land & Coastal Survey group from our Lafayette, LA office – Objectives for this role are to oversee successful performance of local & remote projects, win new work, develop new technologies & revenue streams, and strengthen the relationship of existing clients.
The position will also work in concert with key Oceaneering leaders in other US & International locations to coordinate large-scale project work and facilitate resource sharing.
Duties for this position include:
- Visible safety leadership
- Professional responsibility for managed work through supervision of team-members, and liaison with management & client groups
- Financial oversight of assigned projects & segment business performance
- Business development and client maintenance in support of revenue growth
- Assist in the development & implementation of the group’s strategic business plan.
- Collaboration within the Oceaneering organization for opportunity development & best use of resourcing
- Recruitment, development and performance management of the service line team-members.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Must be entrepreneurial with a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the Land Surveying profession.
- Must have BA/BS degree and 10 years related experience … Alternatively candidate may have a MA/MS degree with 8 years of related experience
- Professionally licensed in land surveying in the state of Texas.
- Strong project & business management skills & experience -- 5+ years of project management, 2+ years of business development
- Excellent technical, communication and computer skills
- Experience with Civil 3D and Microstation/InRoads a plus
- Candidate must be experienced with AutoCAD
- Candidate must be able to oversee the production of ATLA, Topographic, Boundary, utility and route surveys
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Professionally licensed in land surveying a plus – (Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, New Mexico or Colorado preferred)
- Experience with terrestrial laser scanners, mobile mapping & aerial imaging/mapping systems a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience as a government contractor
- Experience with oil and gas field operations
Capabilities & accountabilities will include:
- Management in support of master contracts: including rate schedules, project allocation and standards of work execution….as achieved under the segment’s project management group
- Responsible for accuracy, timeliness and financial performance of assigned projects within the business segment
- Oversees segment client correspondence, deliverables, invoicing and revenue collection
- Responsible for initiating new sales of services; as well as further developing current & new client relationships
- Researches prospective projects through business development activities & professional associations
- Writes/Reviews commercial proposals and follow-up activities with clients to enable work award
- Defines performance targets, schedules, budgets & forecasts in support of business unit planning
- Assists in the detailing of business strategies associated with revenue and execution improvement
- Promotes the investigation of new technologies & applications to enable growth opportunities for the segment
- Develops & mentors direct reports and the employee group, in support of individual performance goals and career planning.
Some travel required; approximately 20%
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: PLS - Manager of Land & Coastal Projects
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Job ID: 11045