Oceaneering AICIP + UT Inspector in Melbourne, Australia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The AICIP / UT inspector is responsible for completion of Inspections in accordance with the Written Scheme of Examinations and/or Approved specifications, including provision of final inspection report.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop Written Schemes of Examination as part of inspection preparations
- Complete First Pass examinations of equipment to accurately identify preparation for inspection and Non Destructive Testing (NDT) requirements
- Plan and carry out Inspection of plant and pipe work in compliance with the Written Scheme of Examination
- Inspection of all process pressure systems, inspection of all storage tanks, inspection of steam generating plant, decommissioned/out of service equipment and inspection of steel structures in compliance with Oceaneering and client procedures
- Raise Repair Orders/Corrective MMS Work Orders when required, providing a detailed description of the defect and location together with relevant up-to-date documentation and photographic evidence
- Carry out Repair Order close out inspections when required
- Issue an interim report of examination stating the suitability for further service. Complete the inspection report including recommended or required actions, next period of service between inspections in line with current RBI recommendations or client recommended intervals, within 28 days of the inspection. Modify the Written Scheme based on inspection findings.
- Carry out NDT Inspection on plant & equipment across all certified methods as required.
- Inform the Senior Inspection Engineer, without delay, when any inspected equipment or NDE results indicate the item is not Fit-for-Service
- Review and endorse NDT reports in a timely manner and instigate Inspection Queries as required
- Verify the application of NDT methods for vessel and pipe work inspection, informing NDT personnel of requirements
- Specify NDT techniques where necessary to maximize the use of non-invasive inspection techniques where possible
- Carry out the Tool Box Talks to all visiting Inspection/NDT Personnel provided for specific jobs by the Service Delivery Manager
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities
- Maintain assigned Logs or Registers up-to-date and in accordance with Oceaneering/client procedures
This list of job duties described is not exclusive or exhaustive and the employee may be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the broader scope of the job Assist with any other duties as and when required, and
Undertake specific activities and projects as instructed by Management
*Additional Duties *
- The list of job duties described above is not exclusive or exhaustive and the employee may be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the job;
- Assist with any other duties as and when required; and
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by Management.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Degree / Diploma in Engineering related discipline
AICIP Inspector Certificate OR API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector
NDT Level II in UT and any other discipline is desirable
- Minimum 5 years of related experience;
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures; and
- Microsoft Office
This position is considered Offshore Work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Job Title: AICIP + UT Inspector
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Job ID: 12005