Oceaneering QMED in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The QMED assists the duty engineer officer as required in maintaining the engine room for the vessel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the chief engineer and assistant engineer in doing daily maintenance or repairs to vessel equipment.
- Oil and grease moving parts, such as gears, shafts and bearings of engines and auxiliary equipment used to propel maritime vessels
- Start and stop auxiliary machinery
- Assist with lining up valves and lines for Qengine room systems
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly preventative maintenance
- Keep engine room and other machinery spaces clean and oil free
- Fill oil cups on machinery with grease and lubricating oil according to machinery lubrication instructions.
- Read pressure and temperature gauges, recording data in the engineering log
- Clean and paint the machinery space and all the machinery in it to prevent corrosion
- Take readings and measurements to examine machinery for specific pressure and flow of lubricants
- Perform minor repairs.
- High School diploma orGeneral Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- Two (2) years minimum related experience.
- Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures.
- Merchant Mariner’s Credential with QMED endorsement
- USCG Medical Certificate
- STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification) with RFEW (Rate Forming Part of an Engineering Watch) endorsement.
- SafeGulf experience.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Security Clearance preferred / Able to pass a security clearance
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: QMED
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Job ID: 11522
Full/Part Time: Full-Time