Oceaneering Assistant Project Manager in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Responsible for supporting the ADTECH programs under the direction of the Program and/or Project Manager in accordance with program requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager on a day-to-day basis for all facets of project management tasks
- Interface with other engineering and technical disciplines both inside and outside the company, such as engineers, designers, drafters, fabrication shop personnel and hardware vendors
- Work with the project cost analyst to accurately maintain the project financial reports
- Must be capable of direct interface with the customer
- Production of various documentation deliverables including status reports, action item lists, etc.
- Coordination of procurement activities as necessary; duties may include collating vendor quotations, generating requisitions, and tracking purchase orders throughout the project
- Must be capable of supporting technical reviews of various documentation deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are important
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Some travel may be required
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to ADTECH Manager; general oversight for accomplished goals
- Bachelor Degree required, equivalent work experience may be considered
- Five years or more of experience in comparable area
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required; technical writing and editing skills are required
- Knowledgeable of CAD software such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks software a plus
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere
- U.S. Citizenship is required
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close proximity to other people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 12067