Oceaneering Senior Electrical Tech in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Senior Assembly Technician will perform assembly, maintenance, integration, Factory Acceptance Testing and other associated functions on OES and ADTECH products or related systems. As a Senior Assembly Technician, you will at times lead the daily activities of a team of technicians and be the point person to communicate with the Assembly Supervisor, Assembly Manager and/or project teams. The Senior Technician performs troubleshooting and repair of complex equipment and systems in his/her area(s) of expertise (mechanical, electro-hydraulic, electrical, and/or electronics) for a variety of projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Senior Assembly Technician will perform assembly, integration, factory testing, and maintenance/repairs on equipment/systems within his or her area of expertise, in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures. And in accordance with the appropriate Safety Standards.
- The Senior Assembly Technician has a working knowledge of and will perform the troubleshooting of complex mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-pneumatic/hydraulic equipment and systems related to his/her area of expertise.
- The Senior Assembly Technician will assist the Assembly Supervisor / Assembly Manager in tracking and analyzing assembly data utilizing documentation, spreadsheets and other programs to aid in developing standard hours and cost reductions. (COPQ, Continuous Improvement)
- The Senior Assembly Technician will identify jig, fixture and tooling needs and fabricate assembly shop aids for projects, as necessary.
- The Senior Assembly Technician is responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient conduct of the work and of the team under the Senior Assembly Technician’s cognizance.
- The Senior Assembly Technician will supervise, direct and mentor other technicians, as needed.
- The Senior Assembly Technician will attend some project related meetings as a representative of the assembly team, as needed.
- The Senior Assembly Technician will serve in the capacity of an SME (subject matter expert) within his or her area of expertise.
- Assist the Assembly Supervisor and/or Assembly Manager in the identification and implementation of new processes and improvements to existing processes as necessary to enhance the productivity/capability of assembly. (Continuous Improvement)
- Assist the Assembly Supervisor and/or Assembly Manager in the monitoring, replenishment and control of consumables and tools used on projects.
- Assist the Assembly Supervisor and/or Assembly Manager in assessing and determining “Standard Hours” and “Set-Up” times for assembly tasks.
- Assist the Assembly Supervisor and/or Assembly Manager in tracking, monitoring and recording assembly hours on specific project tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical 2-yr degree preferred.
- Five (5) years direct hands-on experience in the area of expertise (mechanical, electro-hydraulic, electrical/electronic), with at least three (3) years of experience with equipment significantly similar to that produced by the division assigned.
- Working knowledge of and the ability to read complex component drawings, assembly drawings and work instructions.
- Advanced working knowledge of standard industry manufacturing and assembly processes and tools.
- Experience directing the activities and schedules of other assembly technicians
- Leadership experience in the role of a Lead Assembly Tech or the equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Products (Excel & Word)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in all aspects of the area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated knowledge in reading and interpreting drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard assembly tools, measuring devices and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common fasteners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common assembly techniques and processes.
This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposuire to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable.
- Constant exposure to dust
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered HEAVY work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Senior Electrical Tech
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 11855
Full/Part Time: Full-Time