Oceaneering Systems Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Entertainment Systems.
The Systems Engineer will perform system engineering and system engineering technical data management tasks for Oceaneering Entertainment Systems and may at times perform these tasks for Aerospace, Energy, and Defense initiatives. These tasks include system definition, analysis, requirements, and test and the definition, application, development, modification, and administration of Oceaneering requirements management and verification tools. Experience with the 3SL “Cradle” or similar system engineering data base application is mandatory. Experience setting up and managing technical data management systems is a plus. Requires an ability to understand the overall project lifecycle and practices of various enterprises and ability to tailor processes and products to fit the needs of these industries/enterprises.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines and decomposes system requirements and functional system requirements; documents specifications; identifies requirements flow down, design and architecture development, and requirements traceability
- Works directly with the System Engineering Manager, Leads, and Engineering Leads to define, implement, upgrade, and administer database systems and integrated applications to effectively perform product development and test.
- Ensures that customer requirements are systematically converted into total system solutions.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Interacts with technical and management customer representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering field, applied computer science, or logistics
- Formal training in Systems Engineering practices
- Training and applied experience in modern engineering and modeling tools and in the development and/or application of big data tools and systems to improve the enterprise.
- Proficiency using systems engineering software such as Cradle or Doors. Experience and interest in model based system engineering is a plus.
- Individual should have excellent applied skills and experience with modern system engineering applications and data systems
- Minimum of 2 years direct technical experience planning, implementing, and performing product development systems engineering and test and verification processes. NASA, DoD, and/or energy industry experience is a plus.
- This includes requirements, specifications, verification, validation, analysis, trades, test, and certification procedures, protocols, and plans
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft, and modern data science tools
- Experience and/or interest in integrating Planning, CAD, CAM, CAE, and Test tools is a plus.
- Software development and project management experience desired
- Technical writing skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 11479
Full/Part Time: Full-Time