Oceaneering Automation Controls Engineer in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense and aerospace industries. Oceaneering's business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspections, mobile offshore production systems, and engineering and project management.
Automations Controls Engineer will provide design, implementation and trouble-shooting to umbilical plant manufacturer in Panama City, FL. Evaluate new equipment design and controls equipment for production. Work with vendors to identify best design within budget for improvements and upgrades.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Re-design and trouble-shoot problems on automated mechanical equipment and effect solutions.
- Implement improvements in processes, methods, and production controls for manufacturing systems and set up new or existing equipment. Whether new or retrofitted, always trying to improve the safety of equipment.
- Troubleshoot production problems.
- Ensure new processes and products meet requirements as defined by Product Engineering/QA departments.
- Develop maintenance plans, documentation, operating instructionsand transfer the information to manufacturing.
- Provide training of both maintenance personnel and machine operators on equipment.
- Create specifications for equipment capability and functionality.
- Work with suppliers and internal/external customers and participate in cross-functional teams to resolve technical/quality issues.
- Participate in new product design and development reviews, FMEA, failure investigations, design control activities, and training of personnel. Evaluate suppliers, materials, and components in order to determine critical quality parameters (develop and execute test methods, design test equipment and fixtures, and create specifications and protocols).
- Identify, design, and assist in purchasing equipment for development of manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with equipment designers on projects.
- Evaluate vendor proposals and capabilities.
- Assure that design requirements are met by participating in design reviews and factory acceptance testing.
- Ability to travel and help another Oceaneering site. Must be willing and able to travel internationally.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer/Software Engineering and at least 10 years of industrial control systems automation experience OR 15-20 years of industrial control systems automation experience.
Experience programming and debugging PLC/HMI systems for large, multi axis applications (Cabling and extrusion).
Siemens S7 experience required with experience with Siemens Failsafe PLC systems
Experience configuring/troubleshooting VFD's (Siemens Masterdrive/SINAMICS).
Practical application experience with PROFIBUS/PROFNET communications across various PLC platforms and slave devices for data exchange and SCADA applications.
Experience with TIA Portal and STEP7.
Siemens WINCC experience strongly desired.
Ability to tune PID systems for temperature control and winding/cabling applications.
Experience with Siemens Technology CPU / SIMOTION
Experience with Siemens S7 PLC communication networks and implementation.
Siemens WINCC experience strongly desired.
Experience with common DC bus drive systems is strongly desired.
Ability to tune PID systems for winding/cabling and temperature control applications
Basic knowledge of Mitsubishi PLC’s
AutoCAD experience is strongly desired
Experience with NEC/NFPA70, NFPA70E, NFPA79
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Automation Controls Engineer
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 11464
Full/Part Time: Full-Time