Oceaneering Engineering Technician in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Engineering Technician position is primarily responsible for support in the development, implementation and maintenance of designs for subsea production control, drilling, and intervention umbilicals used in the offshore Oil & Gas Industry. Review and implementation of customer requirements using company design guidelines and industry standards; assist in producing procedures, reports, and other documentation to manufacturing and testing groups as well as assist in department development projects. Candidate will be required to work with manufacturing in support of product production, which may require weekend or holiday work. Cross-functional engagement and being able to execute in a team environment is a necessity. Traveling may be required periodically to both client and supplier locations for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with colleagues within the department as well as other departments to understand project scope and execute deliverables to internal and external clients.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel to create integrated documentation that may require the use of macros and other complex functions.
- Have technical aspirations in career and apply the desire and knowledge to each task.
- Ability to communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts in writing. Ability/skill in using correct grammar, correct spelling, sentence and document structure, accepted document formatting, and special literary techniques to communicate a message in writing.
- Identifying and responding to current and future client needs; providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Interface with internal stakeholders such as project management, process engineering, testing/termination, and other sites of Oceaneering.
- Travel may be required of this position on an infrequent basis.
- Aftermarket customer support including specialist/trouble-shooting support.
- Support manufacturing/testing functions for questions, comments, concerns, or non-conformances when required.
- Associates degree in technical field or 10 years in engineering design field required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures/reports, governmental regulations, client specifications, and industry specifications.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and vendors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Autocad, and Solidworks
- A US government issued TWIC badge is required to obtain access to the Port of Panama City.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Experience in the use of Mathcad or other engineering calculation programs.
- Experience in process improvement and product development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Safety and security - observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quality management - looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/punctuality - is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Cost consciousness - develops and implements cost saving measures based on evaluation of engineering product line
- Innovation - displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Oral communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Organizational support - follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 11750
Full/Part Time: Full-Time