Oceaneering Production Planner in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Production Planner must be able to take input and direction from various sources; prioritize tasks to meet manufacturing production schedules and the division business objectives; and optimize opportunities to improve cost, quality, delivery performance, department efficiencies, and overall service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and action MRP messages in PeopleSoft
- Work with master scheduler to ensure that all production shortages and conflicts are mitigated in order to achieve production goals
- Maintain PeopleSoft bills of materials based on engineering data
- Maintain item master data in PeopleSoft
- Generate and release production work orders in accordance with production schedule
- Manage WIP orders throughout their lifecycle in production, including reconciliation of issues, returns, and variances of materials
- Create pick plans for warehouse movements and issues
- Record completions and scrap for operations
- Data entry of material information into PeopleSoft
- Work with project managers to evaluate, reconcile, and report on project specific production information
- HS diploma or GED required
- At least 5 years experience in Production Control (e.g., MRP, master production scheduling, FAS, shop floor control, demand management, production planning) in a manufacture-to-order environment
- Port security clearance and ability to obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials) Card is required
- BS degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Business Management preferred
- Experience in industrial or manufacturing engineering, experience with PeopleSoft or Oracle manufacturing control systems, and experience in the manufacture of large capital goods is highly desirable
- Professional certification such as the APICS CPIM or CSCP and PMI’s CAPM are preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, especially Excel, is preferred
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered LIGHTwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Production Planner
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 11837
Full/Part Time: Full-Time